Sponsored

Clutch Adjustment?

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Is there any way to adjust the clutch engagement point on these cars? I know they are hydraulic but is there a rod from the master cylinder that can be moved?
Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
If you're looking to adjust the engagement point of the factory slave cylinder, you will want to go with this adjuster by RAM...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ram-hydraulic-throwout-bearing-travel-adjustment-system.html

You will need this adapter fitting as well...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ra...factory-master-to-3an-male-gm-ford-05-up.html

Your other option is to replace the slave cylinder all together with this unit from McLeod...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/mcleod-05-2012-mustang-adjustable-slave-cylinder.html

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Thanks for the info, [MENTION=13918]Derek@Lethal[/MENTION] . I've always been annoyed by my clutch's high engagement point, and last time I checked there weren't any solutions.

OP
OP

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Thanks Derek, I will probably grab one of the RAM adjusters.

Have you installed/drove one before?

I am having trouble figuring out how it works.

Does it just release the clutch later in the down stroke or does it actually engage the friction zone earlier in the up stroke?

Shouldn't the master cylinder just suck in more fluid to compensate and then nullify the ram part?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's awesome there's a part for that (the RAM adjuster). How bad is the install?

One of my short wishlist items for the Stang was a clutch with a lower adjustment point, trying to replicate a feel I really liked from a previous car.

Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
The install isn't bad, but you'll beed access to get under the car and the retainer clips are a pain. I went ahead and separated the clutch line reservoir to an individual unit at the same time. Needed to Pump pull the clutch like 100 times to get it back to normal. As funny as it sounds, I did it while changing to an RXT, the new clutch engages where I wanted it so didn't even adjust the height. For stock, theres definitely need for adjustment.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So the RXT lowered the engagement a bit?

Tell me more about this separate clutch reservoir.

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The install isn't bad, but you'll beed access to get under the car and the retainer clips are a pain. I went ahead and separated the clutch line reservoir to an individual unit at the same time. Needed to Pump pull the clutch like 100 times to get it back to normal. As funny as it sounds, I did it while changing to an RXT, the new clutch engages where I wanted it so didn't even adjust the height. For stock, theres definitely need for adjustment.
Did you use the RAM or Mcleod?
Sponsored