OP

9ball1104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
I would just like to squash a few things.
While in sport or Track V4 will not Turn on and in V8 you can get 30mpg. V4 will put you in 40s.

:p:shocked::shocked:

1-4 skip shift is easily disabled with a 20 dollar bypass from SLP.

(ANSWER: Yep, I did that on a Camero I owned, but it's still gimmicky)

The new C7 trunk is huge due to having the whole back window lift up. If you want I can go take pics.

(ANSWER: The Vette doesn't have a trunk. Anyhing you put in the back is in plain sight. This would include valuables or any care care supplies and other equipment.)

Egress/Entry has been made much easier with the Easy Exit memory seat. As soon as you pop your door the seat slides back to let you out.

(ANSWER: Yes, and the motorized tilt/telescoping steering wheel moves out of the way. The problem is the left corner of the dashboard sticks out and is still in the way. Also, because you sit so low, your center of gravity makes it difficult to exit.)

The run flats that come with the 2LT are quiet.

(ANSWER: 2LT is an interior option, and has nothing to do with tire selection. The Z51 track option includes lower profile tires than the base C7, but they are both noisy at speed, although the non-Z51 is a bit quieter. Without a back seat, there is less of a barrier between you and the back wheels. And Chevy intentionally kept the sound deadening material to a minimum to conserve weight. There are numerous threads in the Vette forum about the noise being unpleasant, something I don't want to have to live with in a DD.)

I will agree with the poor visibility.

Not meant to be argumentative just pointing out some misconceptions.
Well, I don't want to be argumentative either but I still stand by what I said earlier. My explanations are in () above.
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well, I don't want to be argumentative either but I still stand by what I said earlier. My explanations are in () above.
Lol ALL modern Tremacs have skip shift. Viper/Challenger and so on. Gimmicky sounds like Nitpicking.

I'm not a Giant so I don't sit on the floor.

The trunk actually comes with privacy curtains so everything is covered[emoji106]

OP
OP

9ball1104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
Lol ALL modern Tremacs have skip shift. Viper/Challenger and so on. Gimmicky sounds like Nitpicking.

I'm not a Giant so I don't sit on the floor.

The trunk actually comes with privacy curtains so everything is covered[emoji106]

Well bud, when I'm ready to buy after Xmas, I'll test drive the C7 and the new GT again before making a final decision. Like I said, it's a close call. If a get the Vette, I don't like any of the wheel choices offered on the base car, so I will need new wheels, body skirts, ditch the gimmicky 1-4 manual skip, and possibly replace the run flat tires. If get the GT, all plan to do is just have fun driving it, and plan how to spend the $25,000 savings over the Vette.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I think you made the right choice.
I've tried to get into the new Vette but the rear of the car is hideous to me.
The Mustang is much more pleasing to the eye IMO.
Congrats.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Love the new Vette, exterior is way better looking then the Mustang. I like the Mustangs interior better, though the C7 did make huge improvements.

I used to dd a 77 Vette a couple years ago, why on earth would a new C7 be an issue to dd?!

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well bud, when I'm ready to buy after Xmas, I'll test drive the C7 and the new GT again before making a final decision. Like I said, it's a close call.
[emoji106] always good to get second opinions on things.
Congrats.
This I've been curious on. Would you be willing to disclose your age?

To me it seems the majority of the older crowd dislikes the new rear.

While the young crowd likes it. I'm 26 and I love the new rear of the C7. I also like the S550 rear but Highly highly dislike the 13-14 S197 rear. It would be an interesting survey.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Congrats.
Whaaaaaaa??????

The Vette is drop dead gorgeous.....

The rear end on the new Mustang is just okay... Especially compared to the rear end of the 13-14 S197

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
I like the overall look of the C7 even the "Camaro" butt. Kidding, it looks good, but to get the comparable amenities in a Vett vs Mustang, I'd see up to a 25K increase in price. I was debating a 2LT M7 coupe as ther max, without NPP exhaust. $67K MSRP +TT&L. This is wothouft any Discounts. My area isn't giving the Credit Union discoutn $6-8K discount, and were asking ADM. Still with 7K off it is 60K + TT&L or around $64KOTD. This is without Nav/BLIS/ACC.

Mine was @ 39K OTD with NAV/BLIS/ACC and no selectable exhaust.

Both have cooled/heated perforated seats with the Leather/Pleather build. 3LT would be all leather interior.

Insurance was about the same (USAA).

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2

While the young crowd likes it. I'm 26 and I love the new rear of the C7. I also like the S550 rear but Highly highly dislike the 13-14 S197 rear. It would be an interesting survey.
I know you didn't ask me directly but I HATE the aesthetics of the C7 in general, but especially loath the rear end. The car looks like the failed result of a two-year-old trying to do origami.

Sponsored

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
This was easy for me, we need 4 seats. The Mustang is interesting as DD in the snow belt, but could any one consider a vette a DD in the snow belt?

DeColors

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I really wanted the c7 as well, but production has been so limited (I guess) that I have had a hard time finding one. I have seen a couple auto trans but that was not even an option for me. I still may end up with one at some point possibly a Z06. I waited and waited for that car, but it has taken so long I gave up and ordered the mustang a few months back.

I'm 37 and think the c7 is the best looking corvette!!! I like the c6 z06/zr1 but would much rather the lines of the c7. The rear end to me looks great. I've got die hard vette family members and they love the old round lights, but since I've never been overly excited about them the new c7 to me was the first model I would buy.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S

The C7 is a home run in almost every regard, including the rear. I'm 61. But I already have a 2013 911 Carrera S...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm about to turn 47 and I think the C7 is much better looking than the Mustang, but for an extra $20k+ I would want more performance from the C7. GM's engines just are not that great compared to the Ford Coyote. Chivy needs to come into the 21st century and finally build an OHC engine like every other performance manufacturer instead of massive cubic inches 70s style design bigger hammer engineering. Quit using your small block Ford copy and copy a newer Ford engine.

Also, the Mustang is more practical for driving in the snow.

Around here you can't even get a test drive in a C7. You're expected to just buy it without driving it. My guess is most of the corvette people just want to be seen in the car and don't expect to drive it hard.
Sponsored