20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Over the years I have used various methods and products to clean MF's. For the past 6 years I have used in the clothes washer the following method successfully: cold water small amount of Oxyclean liquid, several ounces of cleaning vinegar and also cleaning vinegar for the rinse. No complains as any MF that gets whatever on it and won't wash out gets transferred to the utility section. My clean towels are returned to use on the car section of the cabinet for future use.

Recently, I have been looking into the acidity % of cleaning vinegar products that are sold, some are available in Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart and Amazon to name a few. I asked people walking around the stores about acidity % but all they knew was that there is one gallon bottle that has 30% (acidity) from the DIY stores. I found out that the product (which isn't stated on the bottle) I have been using is around 6%. I consider that low and this prompted me to look into other brands to include the 30% product. So I bought a gallon. I plan on diluting what I will use to approx 15%,

Are there any experienced users of acidic cleaning products and if so, what are conclusions made from that usage?
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Never thought about that. I simply pour it into the fabric softener holder so it goes into the rinse cycle. I also use soap w/o dyes or fragrances. I air dry in the dryer. No fabric softener sheet.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cut the 30% (from Home Depot) to 15ish%. Cold water, 25% of detergent that I use on regular clothes, filled bleach and softener cups to full. Noticeably cleaner and softer with no vinager smell. I'm only slightly obssessive.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Why don’t you just run the rags through a wash cycle without soap, cleansers etc after the first washing? These are rags made with who knows what, in who knows what country to start with. Just give an additional rinse.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Rags you say :sunglasses::)

Why don’t you just run the rags through a wash cycle without soap, cleansers etc after the first washing? These are rags made with who knows what, in who knows what country to start with. Just give an additional rinse.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Mine get ruined fairly quick, i have a nice pile of mf shop rags...i just buy the big bag at walmart and keep a rotation, tossing the shitty ones along the way.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Much of the clothes you wear are made the same way from the same countries.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Much of the clothes you wear are made the same way from the same countries.
Humans shed skin, the car not so much.

You washing them on hot cycle to get the wax out of them? or always cold.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I always wash in cold. The ones that don't get clean are used for wheels, tires and lower body areas.
Sponsored