CJPP H-pipe good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallenares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I just came back from my local muffler shop and they cut open my cjpp h-pipe. It was the same as the op's. they "fixed" it and now it does sound deeper and the flutter is no longer there at idle.
IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It can't be that much more expensive to cut a bigger hole.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When you pay for a H pipe you think you would get a functional H pipe. You would need to have the pipe cut, opened up, then welded back together. You can add about $70-100 worth of labor to have that done, or whatever the shop charges for a hours worth of time.

Sponsored

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
I just came back from my local muffler shop and they cut open my cjpp h-pipe. It was the same as the op's. they "fixed" it and now it does sound deeper and the flutter is no longer there at idle.
How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? And where did you have it fixed? I'm in Houston too.

Fallenares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
It wasn't. I thought to myself, oh well thats what I get for getting a cheap h-pipe, but then i thought, how much more work would it be to do the job right, not much harder imho.

Fallenares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? And where did you have it fixed? I'm in Houston too.
$60 at Xtreme Performance Xhaust on the North side of Houston. 2009 Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77093. Place is kind of hidden but the guys there are nice. they were shocked to see the h-pipe. like that, They quoted my $140 to make an H-pipe.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$60 at Xtreme Performance Xhaust on the North side of Houston. 2009 Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77093. Place is kind of hidden but the guys there are nice. they were shocked to see the h-pipe. like that, They quoted my $140 to make an H-pipe.
Thanks! Will be headed up there to get mine done very soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
$60 is a great price for the work/time involved. Bet you like the sound a lot better now, eh? :D

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow WTF is that. You can't even call that an H pipe. Has CJPP even addressed these yet?
Funny how CJPP is on here pimping the hell out of their new Magnaflow resonated X pipe but hasn't made a peep on this thread or on the website.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are two quick videos. Sound cleaner to me.

Night and day difference! The before video you posted last week sounded exactly like mine. Perfect example of the "dieseling" sound. After the fix sounds money!

His before video for those interested

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Night and day difference! The before video you posted last week sounded exactly like mine. Perfect example of the "dieseling" sound. After the fix sounds money!

His before video for those interested
That whistle sound when air is rushing through the small hole is interesting. I mean maybe someone likes it. It does sound like a old muscle car with that whoosh sound.

The sound after the holes are removed is more smooth kinda sounds like an x-pipe.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.