SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Non-PP
Hello all,

First and foremost if there is a thread that touches on this topic, please point me in the right direction. I’ve spent a lot of hours reading through topics and responses but I feel like I haven’t received answers I was looking for. I’m getting the new ported CJ manifold and I know you gain top end power but lose in the low end (based on the previous CJ info), is that the reason why people install cams when they go CJ? To regain the lost low end power?
Also, how do injectors play a part in this equation? I plan to go forced induction in the future so how would let’s say 1050x injectors pair with the CJ right now (thinking of injectors since they’ll be more accessible while changing the manifold? If getting injectors with the CJ, would it make complete sense to upgrade the fuel system as well?
There’s not much info on the new cobra jet IM so I expect the answers would be based on results from the previous CJ version.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
I have a 19 mustang gt with kooks 1 7/8 LTH with cats btw

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
No people don’t do cams and cobra jet to make up for the low end. People do cams with a cobra jet to specifically aim for the top end power. Cobra jet means more top end power, and cams shift the power band to a higher rpm.

You realistically won’t lose almost any power low down if you keep vct (which you should).

Injectors just mean more fuel. More power means more fuel means bigger injectors. Personally I would just grab some 47lb injectors and then when you go boost do a full fuel setup.

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello all,

First and foremost if there is a thread that touches on this topic, please point me in the right direction. I’ve spent a lot of hours reading through topics and responses but I feel like I haven’t received answers I was looking for. I’m getting the new ported CJ manifold and I know you gain top end power but lose in the low end (based on the previous CJ info), is that the reason why people install cams when they go CJ? To regain the lost low end power?
Also, how do injectors play a part in this equation? I plan to go forced induction in the future so how would let’s say 1050x injectors pair with the CJ right now (thinking of injectors since they’ll be more accessible while changing the manifold? If getting injectors with the CJ, would it make complete sense to upgrade the fuel system as well?
There’s not much info on the new cobra jet IM so I expect the answers would be based on results from the previous CJ version.
What are you trying to do with the car?

I'll tell you what, that thing is going to absolutely fly for an all motor set up.

OP
OP
SlowyoteJay

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
What are you trying to do with the car?

I'll tell you what, that thing is going to absolutely fly for an all motor set up.
What do I want to do with it? I want to make a fun street car/ drag car but I want the setup to be twin turboed with a cobra jet. Might sound crazy but I want to try and make it happen

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello all,

1050x injectors are what I would recommend if you are going with a Whipple. I would stay away with the cams. I would rock a DW400 pump or a fuel pump booster while you have the CJ intake on then splurge for a fuel system when you get the blower. If you have any other questions or would like pricing on some parts send me a message! www.lethalperformance.com

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have what you seek... also a 2019 except I use the stock injectors. No reason to put 1050X until you go boost. You will have to upgrade your whole fuel system anyway and installing injectors is super easy compared to what it takes to install the cams.
1666298181639.png
Sponsored