Sponsored

Circuit Of the Americas Track Day, Feb. 26-28... anyone going?

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Here is a video from the first session yesterday. Some 36's and 37's in there.

[ame]
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It was great to see you there and the video looks very good as well, I wish we had more time to talk but there was a lot going on in garage 12 with the Viper needing a rear diff swap on Saturday morning.

Your car looks and sounds fantastic.

Dave

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
COTA is an awesome track and you look very smooth running it. Car sounds great. What exhaust are you running?

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Almost forgot, I instructed a guy with a 2015 GT350... who just happened to be Carroll Shelby's grandson! Really nice guy to talk to and great to see the car being driven the way it was designed to be.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got some good video of myself chasing his buddy in the GT500 parked to the left. Will maybe post up one day when I'm not living at work all day.

Brent your car also looked great, is it a daily driver or track only toy?

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Look forward to seeing the video. I hear you on work. Sitting here at work now wishing I was still at the track. Thanks for the kind words! I thought your car looked great as well. My car is a drive on nice days/weekends/occasional autox and track event. The trunk lid with the wing is a spare and gets pulled off after track weekends so the car doesnt look ridiculous on the street :). I'll eventually install the front splitter with 1/4 turn dzus fasteners, but just have to find the time. I dd a diesel truck. After 250k miles (alot of which were loaded with race car and enclosed trailer), the transmission is starting to give up the ghost. While I rebuild it, I'll drive the mustang. I do not want the mustang to become a track only car. Less fun that way.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It was great to see you there and the video looks very good as well, I wish we had more time to talk but there was a lot going on in garage 12 with the Viper needing a rear diff swap on Saturday morning.

Your car looks and sounds fantastic.

Dave
Likewise Dave, everything got real busy on Saturday between students, helping Mark deal with issues, and one of my old 1SG's stopping by. Still good to put a face with a SN. Look forward to seeing what you do in the future once you get your race car!

COTA is an awesome track and you look very smooth running it. Car sounds great. What exhaust are you running?
Thank you for the kind words! Sorry for the tardy response, I had thought I had responded to your and Dave's comments already. I'm running a Borla ATAK with a borla resonator in lieu of the x pipe. I was able to get a killer deal on it from beefcake on black friday. It's pretty quite at idle and cruise(quite enough to have a normal conversation driving down the road), but sounds pretty good IMO under throttle. I posted some info and a sound clip here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41313

Sponsored

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
Thanks Brent, I ended up reading your build thread and saw that. My car comes in at the end of this week and the dealer is installing the Ford Racing by Borla touring exhaust with X pipe. Reports say no interior drone. I also read on your build that you did heel/toe pedals. Is this just for the brake? Could you post a pic and how you actually use it? I'm guessing it is for quick brake to gas changes so your foot doesn't actually move?

Thank you,
Lance

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Here is a thread with an example of the pedal. It fits over the gas pedal so, while braking, you can blip the throttle with the side or ball of your foot to rev match engine rpm's with drivetrain rpm's so as you release the clutch it doesn't shock the drivetrain or break the rear tires loose. Not sure if this is what you were asking about or not.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42343

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
I may have to try this out. Blipping the throttle on a motorcycle is important and I can see it being the same in a car while on the track.
Sponsored