Sponsored

Circuit Of the Americas Track Day, Feb. 26-28... anyone going?

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Anyone else doing this event?

Even though I no longer live an hour from COTA (sad face), I am going to make the trek down and do this event. MVP always puts on a great event with more track time than you will want. I've known Mark for a number of years and, of all the organizations I run with, his is one of the best.

Know up front, COTA IS EXPENSIVE. It is a new track and still holds the F1 "tax". It is one of the best tracks in the country though, if not the best. Track days among various organizations average $500 a day. MVP is doing a 3 day event to keep the price below that. They also limit cars so you aren't crowded on track. Other organizations can get cost down a little less than MVP, but that is through additional cars in each group, which can sometimes lead to significantly less track time due to increased incidents on track, etc...

I just wanted to see if any other mustangs are doing this event. I think it would be great to get a group of S550 owners together at one of the best tracks in the country! :cheers:

If you have never been on track or are a novice, MVP has created a novice group for this event. I will also be instructing at this event. It's always nice to have an instructor that has the same car and understands it's handling characteristics.

MVP's website with details can be found here:
http://www.mvptracktime.com/index.html

Here's a video of the track in my old M3 for reference:
[ame]
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, I'm going and its my first event, so i'm running Novice. Going to be sliding around on my base model 235 all seasons, so hopefully this will teach me how to drive my car.

Would be very happy to have someone instruct who has the same car.

Sponsored

BrianSVT94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT Premium PP
man I would love to go to this but its sold out now. Found it too late. I got to do a parade lap at the continental tire races a few months ago but I want to really drive around it.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just and FYI in case any of the advanced guys inquired, but the event was already sold out. I just got this from MVP:

Due to requested COTA cancellations, we have one Advanced run group 3-Day spot (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and one Advanced single-day (Saturday) spot open for COTA. If you have track friends who'd like the spot and have enough experience to run in the advanced group, feel free to put them in touch with me.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Two days down at COTA, one more to go. Here is a video at maybe 8/10ths since I had a passenger. Will have more videos in a few days.
[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
had a buddy go there in a matte black Subaru STi if anyone saw him.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
had a buddy go there in a matte black Subaru STi if anyone saw him.

Yeah, I saw him too. He was in the same group as me, couldn't keep up with him in the corners. He was going good.

I was in a magnetic GT.

Only ran Friday and Saturday. Burned up my rear brakes, so left Saturday night to be home with kids.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yeah, I saw him too. He was in the same group as me, couldn't keep up with him in the corners. He was going good.

I was in a magnetic GT.

Only ran Friday and Saturday. Burned up my rear brakes, so left Saturday night to be home with kids.
Nice to meet you! Car looked great! I wish I would have taken a look at the JRI's. Sorry to hear about the brakes. I was wondering where you were yesterday.
Sponsored