• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Texas Circle D 245mm Torque Converter for 10R80

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
Less than 2000 miles on this practically new converter. I ended up switching to the 258mm since I'm now a boosted application. Packaged using the same materials they sent my new converter in (very thick foam). You don't have to wait 2+ months like I did for mine :).

Reference: https://www.circledspecialties.com/ford-hp-series-10r80-torque-converter

$1,300 shipped to the lower 48.

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg
Sponsored

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Have you raced with it and what did it pick up in et.Whats it stall at.

OP
OP
ripvanbl

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only did 1 test-n-tune with it after I had already gone the Whipple route, so I don't have any good data to say how much (or little) it contributed. According to Circle D, the 245mm is a 4200 stall.

DickH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 GT
How was driving around town with this converter?

OP
OP
ripvanbl

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's obviously down to opinion, but I would say it's too much for a daily driver. You can "mostly" smooth it out if you have HP Tuners, but it's still a 4200 stall no matter what you do :).

Sponsored

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Still thinking on it.I dont daily my car but drive 100 miles to the track.Thats my concern with it.Was wondering what application did you order for.Like extra stall race only na.Thanks.Just dont want to install it then have to remove it be cause of drivabilty issues.

OP
OP
ripvanbl

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, it's street-able for sure, just don't expect stock. They (Circle-D) didn't really have any options, I asked. It's one of those it-is-what-it-is, but it's not like the old days where it was almost un-drivable to have that stall. You will need to have some transmission tuning to make the most of it, especially in the 4-5-6 upshifts. These 10R80's are rough in that shift range stock ... this exaggerates it without tuning. That said, it's fantastic for an NA to be able to get the RPMs up on the line without upsetting the car. From that prospective, it was worth it to me. It just wasn't the right set up with my new Whipple.

OP
OP
ripvanbl

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, just sold it last week and forgot to update the thread / mark as sold.
Sponsored