Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered one of these from Erik in gunmetal, they look great!

How did you guys install them...bumper off, from the bottom, or hood latch? I'm going to remove the bellypan and try getting to it from below.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Remove hood latch...I’ve done 4 already!!! Easy, just time consuming getting the nuts started. I used only the long socket and my fingers.. black seam sealer to keep the nuts in the socket! A 1 beer job! I’ve removed my splitter and belly pan to install the California Special pan and splitter... now that’s a lot of work on your. Back man!!! Hood latch...remove it first, lots of room!!

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Remove hood latch...I’ve done 4 already!!! Easy, just time consuming getting the nuts started. I used only the long socket and my fingers.. black seam sealer to keep the nuts in the socket! A 1 beer job! I’ve removed my splitter and belly pan to install the California Special pan and splitter... now that’s a lot of work on your. Back man!!! Hood latch...remove it first, lots of room!!
No such thing as a “1 beer job”. Everything is at least a 6 pack. One beer to do the job and the other 5 beers to sit back and admire it.

Looks great BTW

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you and I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Just ordered one of these from Erik in gunmetal, they look great!

How did you guys install them...bumper off, from the bottom, or hood latch? I'm going to remove the bellypan and try getting to it from below.
Yes, I stand corrected...lmao !!!

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
How do we reach Erik?

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine this morning and it went well. Removed the radiator cover and went in through the grill shutters, not bad if you take your time.
stanginator.jpg

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine this morning and it went well. Removed the radiator cover and went in through the grill shutters, not bad if you take your time.
stanginator.jpg
How did you fit thru there?? I removed the radiator cover and found nowhere to squeeze thru..

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
How did you fit thru there?? I removed the radiator cover and found nowhere to squeeze thru..
I used a 3/8 6" extension with a magnetic deep well socket, fished it through the top active grill shutter(they were open) and hand tightened each nut. Once they were hand tight I attached a thin 3/8 racket and gave it a couple of revolutions. I didn't even have to remove the hood latch but I have long thin hands so I'm sure that helped alot. The hardest part was lining up the nut without being able to see it from the front, had to feel my way through it. I was also able to break off the tabs of the stock emblem by simply sticking my pinkie through the front grill and breaking them off. It took about 30 min total and can be done with the right tools/hands.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I used a 3/8 6" extension with a magnetic deep well socket, fished it through the top active grill shutter(they were open) and hand tightened each nut. Once they were hand tight I attached a thin 3/8 racket and gave it a couple of revolutions. I didn't even have to remove the hood latch but I have long thin hands so I'm sure that helped alot. The hardest part was lining up the nut without being able to see it from the front, had to feel my way through it. I was also able to break off the tabs of the stock emblem by simply sticking my pinkie through the front grill and breaking them off. It took about 30 min total and can be done with the right tools/hands.
So it might be just as much of a PITA for some people as the other method, but at least it is possible to swap a front grille Pony without pulling the whole front bumper off. Good news.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well you can always pull the panel below the bumper lip and have all the access you could ask for..but you’d need it up in the air a tad.
Sponsored