Sponsored

Chevy Camaro Chief Engineer on Mustang

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I love the look of the Avista. I saw it in person at the Toronto auto show two years ago. If they move ahead with it I expect that it will be expensive. While it is a pillarless hardtop, I doubt that will make it into production (as happened with the Challenger, which would have been so much nicer as a hardtop). That's one of the things I like about my car (when the top is up).
Sponsored

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Chevrolet Camaro Chief Engineer Says Mustang Has Been ‘Eating Our Lunch’

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09...tang-has-been-eating-our-lunch/#ixzz5Q9SIAslf
Al killed the Camaro, with the redesign, it's just too small. The small size of the Camaro is awesome for those that want a track car, no argument it's a marginally better track platform, though the GT350 with the Voodoo engine more than eclipses the Camaro capabilities.

However they are losing sales in the low price range because the car is just too small. I'm 5'11" I cannot sit in the back of a Camaro. I can sit comfortably in the back of a Mustang, the Mustang has a large trunk for weekend getaways. I reading the "COTY" awards the Alpha Camaro received I went to look at one. I didn't take long all for me to realize that car simply wouldn't work. I avoided the Mustang due it's dismal reviews, and found those review were just as wrong. Ford worked Magic with the S550 Mustang, it has a perfect balance of sports car and useful 2+2.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Al killed the Camaro, with the redesign, it's just too small. The small size of the Camaro is awesome for those that want a track car, no argument it's a marginally better track platform, though the GT350 with the Voodoo engine more than eclipses the Camaro capabilities.

However they are losing sales in the low price range because the car is just too small. I'm 5'11" I cannot sit in the back of a Camaro. I can sit comfortably in the back of a Mustang, the Mustang has a large trunk for weekend getaways. I reading the "COTY" awards the Alpha Camaro received I went to look at one. I didn't take long all for me to realize that car simply wouldn't work. I avoided the Mustang due it's dismal reviews, and found those review were just as wrong. Ford worked Magic with the S550 Mustang, it has a perfect balance of sports car and useful 2+2.
I agree with this other than you fitting in the back of a Mustang comfortably....not sure that is possible for anyone over 4 foot tall. :)

It is obvious that the larger size helps the Mustang and also the Challenger. I suspect Ford will go with an even bigger Mustang for the S650 as the Challenger is more of a competitor now than the Camaro.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I agree with this other than you fitting in the back of a Mustang comfortably....not sure that is possible for anyone over 4 foot tall. :)

It is obvious that the larger size helps the Mustang and also the Challenger. I suspect Ford will go with an even bigger Mustang for the S650 as the Challenger is more of a competitor now than the Camaro.
Well, if you go give it a try - sitting in the back of a Mustang you'll find you're wrong, I can sit back there seated fully upright, in contrast in a Camaro I have to have my head tilted almost ninety degrees, also in a Mustang there is room for my knees with the front seat in a livable position for me. I have to keep my head slightly forward, yet upright. Meaning it'll do for a short trip for an adult, that simply isn't possible in the Camaro.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

My aunt is 5'10 and she sat in the back of my BULLITT just fine.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
No offense intended, but that's a bit of a stretch. The majority of pony car drivers I've seen in the EcoBoost are women who dont care about a V8 and young guys who either cant afford a V8 or (more commonly) can't afford or don't want to pay insane (but honestly, fair based on all the stupid shit my buddies and I did) insurance rates on a V8.

Or old rich guys who don’t give a shit what anyone thinks and wants a fun car to cruise around in, mod and take to the track.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Well, if you go give it a try - sitting in the back of a Mustang you'll find you're wrong, I can sit back there seated fully upright, in contrast in a Camaro I have to have my head tilted almost ninety degrees, also in a Mustang there is room for my knees with the front seat in a livable position for me. I have to keep my head slightly forward, yet upright. Meaning it'll do for a short trip for an adult, that simply isn't possible in the Camaro.
My aunt is 5'10 and she sat in the back of my BULLITT just fine.
Maybe I have the seats too far back to adequately evaluate this....but I don't see anyone's legs fitting where my seats are normally.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Or old rich guys who don’t give a shit what anyone thinks and wants a fun car to cruise around in, mod and take to the track.
That sounds like a bunch of reasons to buy a GT LMAO

Sponsored

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
Camaro has a better chassis. That is an objective fact. Everything on top of that is classic GM silliness. The styling has gone from new-retro cliche to an absolute mess and the interior is awful. Not to mention, the Challengers and Mustangs are cheaper.

The Ecoboost is fine. If half of this forum wasn't so concerned about sitting on a 5.0 throne with a superiority complex, they'd realize that the Ecoboost allows Ford to fight for market share in multiple segments at once. The V6 is a fine entry level sports car but Ford neglected it and offered it in poverty spec. The V6 needs a lot of aftermarket work to unlock it potential. Either you get that or you don't, it's a lost cause that I'm over fighting. In the rest of the automotive world, turbos are what move cars. Refining the Ecoboost to offer smoother power delivery and more power stock should be a top priority for Ford. Saying that most buyers buy the V8 is pointless. If Ford got rid of the Ecoboost, all those Ecoboost owners would not be buying a V8 and Ford would be sacrificing a ton of market share. Especially considering that they're done with small car sales. If the next gen Camaro gets serious about practicality wrapped in an attractive package while also offering a more powerful turbo 4 and Ford rest on their hands and think the Ecoboost is good enough as is, there could be a major shift in this segment on the horizon.

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro has a better chassis. That is an objective fact. Everything on top of that is classic GM silliness. The styling has gone from new-retro cliche to an absolute mess and the interior is awful. Not to mention, the Challengers and Mustangs are cheaper.

The Ecoboost is fine. If half of this forum wasn't so concerned about sitting on a 5.0 throne with a superiority complex, they'd realize that the Ecoboost allows Ford to fight for market share in multiple segments at once. The V6 is a fine entry level sports car but Ford neglected it and offered it in poverty spec. The V6 needs a lot of aftermarket work to unlock it potential. Either you get that or you don't, it's a lost cause that I'm over fighting. In the rest of the automotive world, turbos are what move cars. Refining the Ecoboost to offer smoother power delivery and more power stock should be a top priority for Ford. Saying that most buyers buy the V8 is pointless. If Ford got rid of the Ecoboost, all those Ecoboost owners would not be buying a V8 and Ford would be sacrificing a ton of market share. Especially considering that they're done with small car sales. If the next gen Camaro gets serious about practicality wrapped in an attractive package while also offering a more powerful turbo 4 and Ford rest on their hands and think the Ecoboost is good enough as is, there could be a major shift in this segment on the horizon.

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many GT owners do seem a bit insecure. I've had both and can afford either. I'll take the four banger with a good tune.