Cheaper option than supercharging?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Yep,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I'll get the GT350 IM the GT350 TB or the 85mm BBK TB plus the CJ PonyPart's adapter. Seems like CJPP price of US$1099 is the cheapest for the 350IM, so all up with a retune it may run to A$2500
Get a quote from Levittown or Autonation Bear Lake. If you think CJ Pony parts is the cheapest you haven't looked hard enough, they are usually the most expensive
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I'll get the GT350 IM the GT350 TB or the 85mm BBK TB plus the CJ PonyPart's adapter. Seems like CJPP price of US$1099 is the cheapest for the 350IM, so all up with a retune it may run to A$2500
Don't forget about EBay. Use "GT 350 INTAKE manifold Mustang" or combination like that and you'll get multiple listings. Most are doing the global shipping program, so no extra taxes...

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yep,

Check earlier posts, I think there were cheaper options. I'd be very interested to check your car out if you go that option

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Cheapest I could find was the Levittown suggestion, so thanks for that. It's $120 cheaper than CJ's. So may depend on shipping costs between the two. To date I've found CJ's shipping to be cheap and fast, hopefully Levittown will be the same.

Autonation Bear Lake stated that they can't electronically fulfill international orders.

I've asked my tuner for a quote for fitting and a retune. I wonder if that Ford tuning/program software thingy would be any good. I note that it says only for US Canada models so I figure it already takes into account the different HP that they make to our, but I thought that was all through the bigger headers so I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue....

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Burkey, good suggestion but I didn't find anything under the RRP of @$1500 on ebay.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Hey Burkey, good suggestion but I didn't find anything under the RRP of @$1500 on ebay.
Just type in the code - M9424M52

But levittown is the cheapest I've found. From memory their shipping can be a bit out of this world though, worth a PM on the forum

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
So for an auto you'd be wanting a gearbox tune to get a few more revs out I'm guessing...?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cheapest I could find was the Levittown suggestion, so thanks for that. It's $120 cheaper than CJ's. So may depend on shipping costs between the two. To date I've found CJ's shipping to be cheap and fast, hopefully Levittown will be the same.

Autonation Bear Lake stated that they can't electronically fulfill international orders.

I've asked my tuner for a quote for fitting and a retune. I wonder if that Ford tuning/program software thingy would be any good. I note that it says only for US Canada models so I figure it already takes into account the different HP that they make to our, but I thought that was all through the bigger headers so I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue....
Fuel will be the biggest issue. Despite what the charts say, our 98RON isn't the same as their 93(?). I guess they've optimised the tune for the octane ratings they can reasonably expect to see. Ours ain't that.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
You dont need the GT350 setup to do a 9s 100-200.

Here is my GT. PMAS CAI, LUND flex tune, oil seperator and a Magnaflow/Roush cat-back.

0-100: 4.6s
100-200: 9s

EDIT: stupid swear filter blocking the YT URL. Replace the *** with F A G

Or, click here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DXAsBD4-ITVuvpd68401Q

Then go to the video called 'Ford Mustang GT 2017 Autobahn TOP SPEED Drive by AutoTopNL'

And then skip forward to 3:46s

Pulls like a freakin' train. Total mod cost around 2k euro (dont know what that is in AUS $)

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So for an auto you'd be wanting a gearbox tune to get a few more revs out I'm guessing...?
Yes I have confirmed with my tuner that he will remap the auto gear change settings.

Reactions: ssb

Sponsored

xpiggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt mustang cobrajet, comp cams stage 3, 4c stall converter e85 pbd and lund tuned
I have had one fitted up now for month or 2. Massive difference. Located in wollongong nsw. Gt350 intake and 87tb. Pmas 120 and longtubes. Wheel spin machine

BLKPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have had one fitted up now for month or 2. Massive difference. Located in wollongong nsw. Gt350 intake and 87tb. Pmas 120 and longtubes. Wheel spin machine
Any numbers on rwhp? How did the tuning go with the bigger TB

xpiggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt mustang cobrajet, comp cams stage 3, 4c stall converter e85 pbd and lund tuned
Will go back on dyno next week for a power figure to compare to before but think is a weapon. Need better tyres for the back. I can drive it off normal and keep traction in 1st but when I change to 2nd. It will change hard and wheelspin till I go to 3rd. Too much fun.
Lund sorted tune out for me and it cruises like a standard car. Run a 12.5 before inlet change but need better rubber before I go back

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey xpiggy, who in Wollongong did you use?

Have you got your dyno figures yet? How did it all compare to stock?

Cheers,

Phil

xpiggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendan
Vehicle(s)
I did it myself mate. Qualified mechanic and business owner. Going back on dyno tomorrow but massive difference. [email protected]
Sponsored