Cheaper option than supercharging?

OP
OP

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
With the RAM air hood, it was more for functional heat reduction rather than aesthetics. Your engine runs fine - no hint of overheating?
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
has anyone done an installation in Sydney and who did they choose as an installer/tuner

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
With the RAM air hood, it was more for functional heat reduction rather than aesthetics. Your engine runs fine - no hint of overheating?
Why would it overheat?

The car runs no hotter than it does stock, the GT 350 CAI is also the best CAI on the market for low IAT, it nearly matches the stock box due to its rubber seal being 2-3x higher than other CAI so it truly seals against the hood.

As to heat of the engine, it runs no hotter than it did stock, infact it runs cooler as Lund sets fans to switch on sooner. :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why would it overheat?

The car runs no hotter than it does stock, the GT 350 CAI is also the best CAI on the market for low IAT, it nearly matches the stock box due to its rubber seal being 2-3x higher than other CAI so it truly seals against the hood.

As to heat of the engine, it runs no hotter than it did stock, infact it runs cooler as Lund sets fans to switch on sooner. :)
Now that we've moved onto the heat topic, my fans are going pretty much all the time post Lund. Same for you Gibbo or "UK"?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that we've moved onto the heat topic, my fans are going pretty much all the time post Lund. Same for you Gibbo or "UK"?
Lund set the fans to kick in earlier, to keep CHT lower, if you dislike it ask them to put it back to stock in your tune.

The reason they do this is because at 96c CHT temp the car pulls timing, thus reducing power, though the amount it pulls is very marginal for CHT.

I notice my fans more for sure, but its much colder in the UK so they are not going all the time.

IAT is the biggest enemy for pulling timing as once your over 38c IAT the car pull quite a bit of timing, also the lower you can get your IAT, the more timing the ECU you will add and timing equals power.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lund set the fans to kick in earlier, to keep CHT lower, if you dislike it ask them to put it back to stock in your tune.

The reason they do this is because at 96c CHT temp the car pulls timing, thus reducing power, though the amount it pulls is very marginal for CHT.

I notice my fans more for sure, but its much colder in the UK so they are not going all the time.

IAT is the biggest enemy for pulling timing as once your over 38c IAT the car pull quite a bit of timing, also the lower you can get your IAT, the more timing the ECU you will add and timing equals power.
Thanks for this mate but I thought it was 100 degs for CHT before timing. Didn't know about the 38 degrees but then I guess it does depend on what the tune is set right?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this mate but I thought it was 100 degs for CHT before timing. Didn't know about the 38 degrees but then I guess it does depend on what the tune is set right?

Tunes do not adjust safety systems, any tuner doing so is damn right stupid.

CHT is 96c or 98c I think or is it ECT, always mix them up.

IAT is 38c where it pulls, but of course the lower the IAT the more it adds. For example sub 10c IAT my car makes 32 degrees WOT, whereas at 20c its making 29-30 degrees. :)

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
So all those 40+ days we've had this summer sure won't be helping power. The IAT on the Pajero was 59degC yesterday afternoon and that's with an aftermarket IC.

TBH I think this is the route I'll go if anything. I've done aftermarket turbos and superchargers in the past and just don't think I can be bothered any more but a full intake and exhaust is certainly a consideration.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tunes do not adjust safety systems, any tuner doing so is damn right stupid.

CHT is 96c or 98c I think or is it ECT, always mix them up.

IAT is 38c where it pulls, but of course the lower the IAT the more it adds. For example sub 10c IAT my car makes 32 degrees WOT, whereas at 20c its making 29-30 degrees. :)
Ahh yes, in that case it would be the same. It will be ECT for the temp, I remember my tuner telling me that. Yeah IAT I've gotta get down as mine is high although it is ridiculous this heat so probably not a good representation atm.

I'd imagine though as I am supercharged so its the charged air temp that's going into the blower which will determine my timing?

Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Wait.... If you get the gt350 IM does it make you a "Big Dog"??

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Just wondering how much of a difference it would make to a GT that already has a big bore CAI + dyno tune + better breathing mufflers.

Assuming I keep what I already have just wondering if someone who has a better idea than me might offer a view as to added kilowatts with this mod.

Because I'm sorely tempted

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Just wondering how much of a difference it would make to a GT that already has a big bore CAI + dyno tune + better breathing mufflers.

Assuming I keep what I already have just wondering if someone who has a better idea than me might offer a view as to added kilowatts with this mod.

Because I'm sorely tempted
Gibbo posted some figures earlier. I've all but decided I'm going this route when I'm ready to break all warranties.

It seems about on par with results from headers & cats (correct if wrong), so a good option for those who can't afford to get any louder (me)...but want more powah & all the revs

My car made 410HP stock.
With PMAS CAI & Lund custom tune it made 472HP
With GT 350 IM, 350 CAI and stock TB it made 497HP
With GT 350 IM, 350 CAI and 350 TB is made 516HP

All runs on same dyno with Lund tune fully customised.

Also you can revv has high as 8000rpm without power falling off, new peak power is 7200-7300rpm and I change gear at 7500-7700rpm. :)

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yep,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger. I'll get the GT350 IM the GT350 TB or the 85mm BBK TB plus the CJ PonyPart's adapter. Seems like CJPP price of US$1099 is the cheapest for the 350IM, so all up with a retune it may run to A$2500
Sponsored