Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Mach1

Yea the faux gas cap is very retro to me and definitely a bit of cheese on what is supposed to be a thoroughly modern car. Someone may have answered this already but do we actually know it's going to be on the S550? Was this part of the whispers?
It's become part of its styling DNA so I'd like to see it stay. I wouldn't mind if they just made it a little more sophisticated looking. Something more like this minus all the lettering.

guard0.jpg
29-retrobuilt-1969-mustang-fastback-fd.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As a Brit, I've never really thought of it as a fake gas cap...............it's just a badge.........and a cool looking one at that. I hope it stays :)

Loving the latest renders, guys :thumbsup:

JerJax

Threads
Reaction score
As a Brit, I've never really thought of it as a fake gas cap...............it's just a badge.........and a cool looking one at that. I hope it stays :)
I'm with Twin Turbo. I know it's a faux gas cap, but at the same time, it's also a cool looking Mustang badge. I dig it.

Love the latest rendering, fellas. Excellent work. Thanks for your time investment and for continually make me stare at my calendar, bummed that it's not 2014. :coolphotos:

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Ditto! It might have been inspired by a gas cap that looked like a badge on the original, but it's now a badge. I also like it.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Ditto! It might have been inspired by a gas cap that looked like a badge on the original, but it's now a badge. I also like it.
I agree with that. It's like Pony Corral badge on the front and Pony Gas Cap badge on the rear. I would be find though with just a pony badge (without the gas cap) on the rear for a change.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Here is the supercut. I was unable to change the thumbnail on my iPad. I also edited the first post to include it. All these images are strictly CGI. Nothing strictly Photoshop from before that, or anything from Rampant or jjw. Give it a watch. Better yet, click on the link and watch it on the YouTube page in 720P.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Here is the supercut. I was unable to change the thumbnail on my iPad. I also edited the first post to include it. All these images are strictly CGI. Nothing strictly Photoshop from before that, or anything from Rampant or jjw. Give it a watch. Better yet, click on the link and watch it on the YouTube page in 720P.

Well done Chaz.
Any guess as to how many hours all that work took?

Sponsored

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
I still feel confident in my belief that the actual rear end of the S550 is going to look much different than a warmed-over S197 rear we see in these renders.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
...Rampant may want to make one too. I'd like to see that.
I am sorry, but I don't quite get what you would like to see? Please clarrify.

As far as faux gas cap -- I am not sure many people in the "general population" even realize it is supposed to be a faux gas cap. Besides, it should be easy enough to remove/cover up.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
North of 200. Totally worth it.
Wow..... I am speechless in your dedication and my appreciation.

M6G should be eternally grateful as it has single-handedly launched this site.

The news media should be eternally grateful for the constant stream of amazing image you have provided.

And Ford should be grateful for ramping up interest and anticipation of the S550.

:D

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
Chaz, you're so good that I had to stop watching the video…..too depressing for those of us designers more grounded in the 2D world……

Again, I am in total awe of your ability…and the video brings back painful memories of my attempts to build a car in Ashlar Xenon……hours and hours of work and little to show at the end…….then again, Xenon is designed more for solid than surface wrk…..supposedly, it can handle the surface work too BUT my designs are usually done for stl saves ultimately to be 3D printed or tooled…….

Steve
Sponsored