Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

NRMStand

I know it has been said many times but now that the car is out I'd like to thank you not just for nailing the car with all the work you put into this thread, but keeping a good deal of us glued to the screen while we waited for Ford to deliver on a tease that never quite panned out.

For those that saw the potential of a beautiful 2015 Mustang in your renders (which it is every bit now that I see the real life pictures) you helped keep the anticipation alive.

Hopefully your work is not done here. We have a lot of great pics that are ripe for digital modification :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Thanks, NRM. I'm taking it a little easier right now, working on some other projects, letting it percolate. I'm definitely going to tweak the model out to match the production model. I may also make some CGI body mods like what Rampant has been doing in Photoshop.

Your comment is exactly why I wanted to do this right from the beginning: to help people understand what the actual car would look like, not some fanciful concept–style invention. As I got closer and more accurate, I started to get some help. As you can see from my front and side compare gif in this thread, my information as well as my interpretation was spot on.

When I first saw the final images, some of the three-quarter views really made the overhang look shorter than what I had. Once I found the Long-lens side view, I confirmed that I had the overhangs right all along.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
another comparo. I did nail the front and rear overhang. Wheel size, not so much. Donk.
This was THE shot that started me down the path of future ownership! I owe you a beer still for that :)

Sponsored

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Hey, Chaz, if you are still tinkering with your renders, I would like to see a GT350 with hood and front fender vents that were under the camo mesh of the prototype SVT. I envision the side vent having a series of narrow horizontal bars or fins. Whatya say?
2015-mustang-hre-wheels2.jpg
FordMustangGT35004.jpg

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Ey chazkron!

Ever thought about putting your creation into a video game?
The community for BeamNG is huge and I am sure it would be awesome to have in there.

:D

> http://www.beamng.com/content/

In case you don't know beamNG, it's no BS arcade game like NFS, it's a physics sandbox.

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ey chazkron!

Ever thought about putting your creation into a video game?
The community for BeamNG is huge and I am sure it would be awesome to have in there.

:D

> http://www.beamng.com/content/

In case you don't know beamNG, it's no BS arcade game like NFS, it's a physics sandbox.
hes right and it would be 1 heck of a way 2 get ur work out

Sponsored

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Bump?

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Maybe someone else already posted this already, I don't know, but I found a hi res sheet of images that just begged to be made into a 360Âş spin. It looks a whole lot like the one jjw and I did.

Mriley

That white spin was one of my favorites :thumbsup:

If we were to see a more luxury version of the S550, I would imagine it looking like this. While you got as close as anyone could have without seeing the actual car, all the subtle differences add up to a slightly sleeker, maybe more sedan looking S550 compared to the real thing. It may have to do with the more bulbous nose on the real thing.