Sponsored

Charging System Service now (Overvoltage)

bent98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500
I have a 2021 GT500 and starting to get the "Charging system service now" Code on my car after I raced someone. I assume vibration shook something loose? I did a lot of mods on the car like Diode dynamics switch backs, Blackvue Camera and Diode Dynamics RGB headlights and sequential DRL blinkers. Car has a lund E85 multitune on as well.

Car voltage is 12V when car is off and 14-14.5V when car is on. My alternator and battery test fine on my Innova 5610 reader.

When I hook up my ODB Scanner I get the following codes:

B1438-03 - Battery Current Sensor - Frequency modulated/pulse modulated failure
B1D02-15 - Lefthand highbeam circuit - Circuit short to battery or open - Does lefthand mean drivers or passengers side?
B11E6-14
- Right (HVAC) Damper position sensor circuit short to ground or open
P0563-00 - System Voltage High

The AC woks find and so do my lights and high beams. The message comes right up as soon as the car has power.

I cant test grounds on the headlights without taking the nose of the car off which is a pain in the ass. I noticed the HVAC dampender is also affected. I dont see how the lights and HVAC are connected on same circuit so I am wondering how I can best trouble shoot this without taking the nose of the car.

I will disconnect the Dash cam and check all fuses inside the car and also check all fuses under engine compartment.

Anyone have any other recommendations?
IMG_9771.jpg
IMG_9774.jpg

IMG_9826.JPG

IMG_9827.JPG

IMG_9828.JPG

IMG_9830.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: