Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a 2018 GT non PP.

A local shop that was recommmended by members on this site sold me some used great condition performance pack shocks for $200 labor included. He let me take a look at the shocks I was going to buy from him and he said push down and man they were quite stuff and strong. He handed me my non performance pack shock and said to push down again.....thing thing sunk in line a soft marshmallow! I couldn’t believe how soft it was. After putting the PP shocks on we took it around for a ride to let the suspension settle and holy hell. The back end felt incredibly firm and just planted.

I couldn’t beleve how unfloaty it felt. It felt more like a sports car. Just wanted to share my experience. Pretty surprised how bad the shocks were on the non PP and I couldn’t pass up this deal considering how much they are brand new plus labor.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 GT non PP.

A local shop that was recommmended by members on this site sold me some used great condition performance pack shocks for $200 labor included. He let me take a look at the shocks I was going to buy from him and he said push down and man they were quite stuff and strong. He handed me my non performance pack shock and said to push down again.....thing thing sunk in line a soft marshmallow! I couldn’t believe how soft it was. After putting the PP shocks on we took it around for a ride to let the suspension settle and holy hell. The back end felt incredibly firm and just planted.

I couldn’t beleve how unfloaty it felt. It felt more like a sports car. Just wanted to share my experience. Pretty surprised how bad the shocks were on the non PP and I couldn’t pass up this deal considering how much they are brand new plus labor.
As said in another thread, damping is seriously underrated.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Yeah my first ever test drive was a base GT and I was so disappointed at the floating feel it had...Ford could have sold so many more base gt's if they had half the firmness of the PP cars

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
But....how does it affect the ride quality of crappy roads? Those pot holes suck!

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Hey OP... compression damping is only one component to the equation... and not even the most important component of the damper system.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey OP... compression damping is only one component to the equation... and not even the most important component of the damper system.
Why not elaborate?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why not elaborate?
Rebound damping is typically more obvious and is what is removing the floaty feel, largely. Higher rebound damping all around makes for a more responsive and controlled handling car.

OP
OP

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What would those additions be?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I can stand the floaty feeling and the huge squat I get with having a Whipple. Purchased some Ford Competition Track Struts and Shocks to correct it all!!! Cant wait to install it.
Sponsored