Sponsored

Cervinis ram air hood

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just ordered a stalker hood last week. GoldPony on youtube was what sold me since he has the same color car and I really like how his looks. I'm having them paint it. I plan on keeping my racing stripes so I had to order the factory stripe for the hood. That thing cost $254 which was the cheapest I could get it. Some Ford part places wanted $550 for the one part.
I went with matte back louvers, but would have went gloss if they had the option. I'm hoping the matte looks ok with the rest of the car. Also got the diverter for it. I've heard some use mesh for the opening. I might be open to that. I dont know what everyone uses though for it. I guess with the diverter mesh isnt needed though.
I'm hoping it dosnt change my view to much. I ordered the side scoops as well. They said 4-6 weeks before I get the hood.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a stalker hood last week. GoldPony on youtube was what sold me since he has the same color car and I really like how his looks. I'm having them paint it. I plan on keeping my racing stripes so I had to order the factory stripe for the hood. That thing cost $254 which was the cheapest I could get it. Some Ford part places wanted $550 for the one part.
I went with matte back louvers, but would have went gloss if they had the option. I'm hoping the matte looks ok with the rest of the car. Also got the diverter for it. I've heard some use mesh for the opening. I might be open to that. I dont know what everyone uses though for it. I guess with the diverter mesh isnt needed though.
I'm hoping it dosnt change my view to much. I ordered the side scoops as well. They said 4-6 weeks before I get the hood.
I do like that hood to and might consider it, I might just have the louvers paint matched, they do offer gloss black, you just select color matched and use "shadow black"

It wont change your view as much as a Ram Air, that extends more to each side.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I do like that hood to and might consider it, I might just have the louvers paint matched, they do offer gloss black, you just select color matched and use "shadow black"

It wont change your view as much as a Ram Air, that extends more to each side.
I didn't see any spot to pick a different color for the louvers. All it said for options was unpainted, matte or color matched to hood. If you pick color matched theres no paint color option.
Honestly I think the matte will look good in my case. Give it a little contrast.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Ram Air hood for my 2017. The quality is good and the fit is good. The paint was expensive but a perfect match for my black car. Install was easy, just needed a few extra hands. Haven't put the under the hood air scoop on yet. Definitely no handling changes. Visibility is compromised as the hood height is about 2" taller all the way to the windshield. That's kind of a drag. The freight charge was brutal to CA but, everybody loves the look. So here you have it.
Cervini.jpg
Can you raise wipers easily for changing or it now is compromised? the GT500 version has an edge going further in that makes it difficult to move the blades up, but the ram air seems to have a raised slope going toward front?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Can you raise wipers easily for changing or it now is compromised? the GT500 version has an edge going further in that makes it difficult to move the blades up, but the ram air seems to have a raised slope going toward front?
Yes. The rear edge of the hood scoop is sloped forward a bit. Wiper arms raise with plenty of clearance.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is the ram air functional?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If anyone wants a piece of mesh for the stalker hood I have one from race mesh grilles available for sale. I'm not going to use it because I'm using the duct. It was cut to fit without it. Cervini's does not give you mesh for the stalker hood or sell it. Wasn't cheap.

Last edited:

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
There is a kit for the ram air function. Includes a duct from the scoops to the air box. I thin kit was about $150-180 dollars.

Cervini.jpg