Sponsored

Cervinis ram air hood

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Ram Air hood for my 2017. The quality is good and the fit is good. The paint was expensive but a perfect match for my black car. Install was easy, just needed a few extra hands. Haven't put the under the hood air scoop on yet. Definitely no handling changes. Visibility is compromised as the hood height is about 2" taller all the way to the windshield. That's kind of a drag. The freight charge was brutal to CA but, everybody loves the look. So here you have it.
Cervini.jpg
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it - sorry double post
IMG_0747.jpg
4.jpg

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It’s 500 for paint and free shipping currently not bad deal with them
My body shop quoted me 400 paint and install, they did my rear spoiler. AM has them for 799 plus free shipping. But they want an 150.00 for handling?? That's not free shipping!

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s 500 for paint and free shipping currently not bad deal with them
Their paint is worth $500. Cervini said they use the same primer, paint, and process, at the same temperature as the factory.

OP
OP
zworld

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My body shop couldn’t believe how spot on the velocity blue was
Well I'm going to have my body shop install it, so I'm just going to have them paint it as well. Install and paint 400, beats cervinis paint and I'd have to install it.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Ram Air hood for my 2017. The quality is good and the fit is good. The paint was expensive but a perfect match for my black car. Install was easy, just needed a few extra hands. Haven't put the under the hood air scoop on yet. Definitely no handling changes. Visibility is compromised as the hood height is about 2" taller all the way to the windshield. That's kind of a drag. The freight charge was brutal to CA but, everybody loves the look. So here you have it.
That 2" might be a little worse on the 18+ because Ford designed the edge raised lines to curve earlier then go forward so you get a better lower view of your hood corners, helps a bit with clearing or keeping in lanes a bit. the ram air hood for 18+ takes cue from the 15-17 and the first raised area from the sides goes diagonal to the front. so that lower view is gone as well then on top of that the 2" that comes up eventually.

Shelby Super Snake hood cuts short of the windshield, so that gives a little more clearance at windshield, but the Shelby fiberglass version is like 1.5K and does not even re-use any weatherstripping and has no ram air diverter. but does have honey comb plastic grill covers included.

Ram Air version would win me over vs the Stalker on a 15-17, the ram air portion curves end before the end of hood, the stalker one seems to go to the end, so it seems to have sort of an interrupted curve look. I think Cervini redid the stalker a bit better for the 18+ the curves look slightly shorter, but they seem to make the stalker curves from scoop pretty long... I think they should have finished them sooner like the ram air.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Always wondered which is best, having paint matched louvers or gloss black louvers? hard to decide if only black accenting is front gloss grill pieces, but no black wheels or stripes etc.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Cervini.jpg
Does it also prevent the wipers from being raised fully for cleaning and replacement?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Stalker hood. It turned out pretty good i thought.
20200410_164800_resized.jpg
20200410_164818_resized.jpg
How did you get those louvers? did you reuse your factory ones, so they actually fit vs the multi-fin ones given by Cervini?

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I actually re-used my original ones. I also fitted the turn signals into them as well. Had to use a dremel to remove the plastic tabs that were sticking out. Worked great and they fit just like the ones from Cervini's. Just used 3M tape.
Sponsored