WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP2 M6
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Anyone here have experience with ceramic pads? Pros vs cons. I am looking for advice because I am done with how much brake* dust the standard pads create. Going broke on wheel cleaner.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Anyone here have experience with ceramic pads? Pros vs cons. I am looking for advice because I am done with how much break dust the standard pads create. Going broke on wheel cleaner.
Brake . . .

Avoid the mass-market kinds of ceramic pads you find at places like Advance Auto/Autozone/Pep Boys/etc. Let's just say that their soft and somewhat inconsistent 'bite' isn't exactly confidence-inspiring and leave it at that.

Personally, I'd look at either Carbotech (1521/Bobcat) or G-loc (GS-1). These pads are ceramic street pads. Here's some of Carbotech's pad description.

Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite.
And specifically related to dust for their pads in general. Boldface mine. Same goes for G-loc pads (same people involved).
Another characteristic that makes Carbotech-Ceramic™ materials attractive is the absence of noticeable dust. All brake pads produce dust as they wear. Carbotech-Ceramic™ compound ingredients produce a light colored dust that is much less noticeable and less likely to stick to the wheels. On that same note, all Carbotech compounds produce a 100% non-corrosive dust that can usually be rinsed off with a hose.

Norm

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I use Stop Tech Z26s; great for daily street use. I used these on my old BMW too.

Pros: SILENT; very, very little brake dust; linear pedal feel; cost friendly

Cons: initial bite reduced (compared to OEM PP pads)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'll always spend a little more to get better bite. Better to have it and never need it than not have it and find myself in just one situation where I wished I'd chosen differently.

I find it easier to modulate pads at the lower pedal force levels needed by stronger-biting pads than at the higher pedal forces that softer-biting pads require under identical braking scenarios. But that's one of those "YMMV" things . . .

Norm

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I use the Stop Tech pads also.

I did a Brembo swap so I don't know what the stock pads feel like. But the Stop Tech pads work pretty damn well. lol
Sponsored