Sponsored

Ceramic Brake Pads

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I officially can't deal with the brake dust any more. I feel like I need to clean my wheels every other day. I want to go with ceramic pads. Have any manufacturers come out with pads that are comparable with the GT350?
Sponsored

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
If this is a concern for you, unfortunately you bought the wrong car. If you go less aggressive than the stock pads, you will have less braking and probably brake fade as the pads overheat. A more aggressive pad will create more dust (iron powder), and more rotor wear. There is just no way around this.

I've been interested in pad with higher iron content but for the fronts the only option is to have them custom made right now. The rear is shared with another car (CTS-V maybe?) but I can look at my notes if you're interested.

OP
OP

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
If this is a concern for you, unfortunately you bought the wrong car. If you go less aggressive than the stock pads, you will have less braking and probably brake fade as the pads overheat. A more aggressive pad will create more dust (iron powder), and more rotor wear. There is just no way around this.

I've been interested in pad with higher iron content but for the fronts the only option is to have them custom made right now. The rear is shared with another car (CTS-V maybe?) but I can look at my notes if you're interested.
The car isn't the problem. I just want ceramic pads dude. You have an answer to my question? If not, move on.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hey man - I don't have the car yet but I've had dusty brakes on other cars and it's a pain in the ass on the street, I agree. I asked this same question of forum sponsor [MENTION=12783]Anthony@HTM[/MENTION] - and he send me a PM with prices for a ceramic set that he recommends. They weren't cheap but I'll let him give you that information.

Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Hey man - I don't have the car yet but I've had dusty brakes on other cars and it's a pain in the ass on the street, I agree. I asked this same question of forum sponsor [MENTION=12783]Anthony@HTM[/MENTION] - and he send me a PM with prices for a ceramic set that he recommends. They weren't cheap but I'll let him give you that information.

Good luck!

Price not an issue. Looking for a resolution. Has anyone installed ceramic pads yet and if so, what brand/part number please. Thanks!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'll just throw this out there - His IM. I'd IM him and ask. He might not have another 350 owner using that pad but I bet someone else is using that compound on a performance car.

Anthony@HTM said:
Hey I do have a street pad ceramic that has low dust and low noise.

It's also disc friendly as in it won't wear out your discs prematurely.

They are 458 shipped for the front and rear.

Let me know

Thank you
Anthony

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll just throw this out there - His IM. I'd IM him and ask. He might not have another 350 owner using that pad but I bet someone else is using that compound on a performance car.
Sounds like Carbtech to me

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Sounds like Carbtech to me
That's actually GLOC Brake pads

Carbotech does not have GT350 pad.

The compounds are very similar to Carbotech as the owner of GLOC was with Carbotech for 15+ years.

Let me know guys!

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I really appreciate the shout out guys, I've been here for awhile and have really tried to get brake pads made for the community.

I'm actually the one who had Carbotech and GLOC make Front and Rear pads for the 15+ EBPP, GT And GTPP.

So I definitely appreciate the support and am always here for any questions you may have!

I am an enthusiast before anything and use all of the products I sell.

I also have tons of experience with the platform on and off the road course.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Modesta BC-06 on your wheels is the solution. The dust will fall off with a light spray of water once BC-06 has been applied.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Modesto BC-06 on your wheels is the solution. The dust will fall off with a light spray of water once BC-06 has been applied.
Link? A quick google didn't turn it up.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
The car isn't the problem. I just want ceramic pads dude. You have an answer to my question? If not, move on.
the answer is you'll have to have them custom made. the brakes are one of the best things about the car and "low dust" pads will ruin it. braking performance will suffer. I was just trying to make that clear. I consider this the equivalent of putting prius tires on the car just because the fuel economy sucks. silly to buy a car like this and make these changes but to each their own!
Sponsored