Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
After giving my girl a bath on Thursday, I took the opportunity to put a coat of CarPro Reload on her yesterday while it poured down rain outside. It took most of the day and it is nearly as intensive buffing as a dedicated ceramic application.

Got it done then wiped out the wheels from rusty rotor drips and finally, gave the tires a Perl bath and buff. She looks better than new again.

1669457791724.png

1669457824354.png

1669457860744.png

1669457881667.png
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gorgeous as always!! :clap:

Keep an eye out for the version of Reload which should be on the market shortly -

Carpro Reload 2.0 -

"Preserving the same ease of application, we managed to improve everything about Reload’s performance. In essence: more gloss, extended durability, improved chemical and environmental resistances. Originally formulated to maintain the protection and finish quality of CQUARTZ coatings, Reload has also proven itself as a standalone sealant, where it can offer up to 4 months of protection on daily drivers. Reload’s easy to use waterborne formula can be applied to all vehicle surfaces (even when damp), making it perfect for quickly topping up your vehicle’s protection and shine."

I have heard of issues with the application process and longevity of Reload in first generation form. To be honest, I have not experienced those issues, sure, you need to pay attention to the amount you use per panel, but the gloss and slickness is very good. Sounds like 2.0 Reload 2.0 will be worth looking into.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short, D as I just ordered a quart! But that's par for me, I swear. I figure it's highly unlikely that what I receive will be version 2. NBD, I'll go through the quart before too long.

Thanks for the kind words re. Sarah...ditto Francois.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Maybe I m reading wrong here. I have used Czuartz several times. It s work to apply and remove that one as the sections are small that you work with. You let it flash, then remove. But the reload (car Pro) which I also have used for years only takes 5 minutes to do the whole car. Spray and wipe. I do it right after a wash a lot. Your car looks great.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short, D as I just ordered a quart! But that's par for me, I swear. I figure it's highly unlikely that what I receive will be version 2. NBD, I'll go through the quart before too long.

Thanks for the kind words re. Sarah...ditto Francois.
Reload 2.0 was only announced at SEMA late last month, so it won't be available for a short time yet. I want to get some to try out, but probably won't see it until February next year in Australia.

They also launched a wax-based topper called Release -

Carpro Release -

"Sometimes the pursuit of practicality and efficiency leads you to completely new discoveries. We’re happy to introduce CARPRO Release – our first wax-based nano-sealant dedicated to the protection of fresh ceramic coatings during their drying period. Release is designed primarily for busy detailing studios and impatient detailers, who want to avoid the pains of ceramic coating drying times. Every coating requires a period of time, when water contact, bugs, and bird bombs have to be avoided. CARPRO Release mitigates that by protecting the coating, allowing freshly coated cars to fully dry without the wait. Release couldn’t be any simpler to apply, and it can also be used as a standalone quick detailer!"

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Copy all on Reload V2, I'll pick some up when my big bottle is gone. Meanwhile, I'm honestly confused about the purpose of Release. When I coat a vehicle, I let it sit in the garage for twenty-four to ensure that it hardens. Consequently, I don't understand what CarPro is after here.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Copy all on Reload V2, I'll pick some up when my big bottle is gone. Meanwhile, I'm honestly confused about the purpose of Release. When I coat a vehicle, I let it sit in the garage for twenty-four to ensure that it hardens. Consequently, I don't understand what CarPro is after here.
I'm glad it's not just me who is questioning the point of Release.

In your case, the car is not a daily and is parked out of the weather during the cure period. Release seems to be a product aimed at professionals. Adding a layer of Release after the coating installation means they can send the car out straight away rather than having to hold the car in their shop while waiting for the curing period. This would apply when it's raining during the curing period.

But............................Reload was always the product used to protect the coating during the curing phase, so I don't fully understand what the point of Release is. The only thing I can think of is that the wax-based Release would not last very long, washing away over time to reveal the true characteristics of the coating its protecting. Reload on the other hand can last 3 - 6 months.

I mentioned this on another forum, but to me this is perhaps the point where Carpro has started offering new products to offer new products. I will certainly be having a play with Release, but it's existence is somewhat puzzling.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Now THAT makes sense and thinking about it, I can easily see where the installers have made their complaints known, i.e., what to do about the curing period. I'll bet your idea is on the money, D. But that's a fairly limited customer base. In any case, I don't think I'll be needing it. The combo of Reload and Elixir will save me from having to re-coat the base much sooner.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Now THAT makes sense and thinking about it, I can easily see where the installers have made their complaints known, i.e., what to do about the curing period. I'll bet your idea is on the money, D. But that's a fairly limited customer base. In any case, I don't think I'll be needing it. The combo of Reload and Elixir will save me from having to re-coat the base much sooner.
The high-end shops that install ceramic coatings would most likely have IR lamps to speed up the cure anyway, further limiting the use case for this product.

Curing Lights – The Detail Store

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Roger that, D I haven't seen a light show yet but it makes sense although it would take a chidtload of those heat lamps. :-)
The IR lamps are usually mounted on a dolly and moved around the car.

" Application: For ceramic coating applications, it is recommended to have a contact time of 20 minutes from a 1 metre distance per contact area section. This may differ across the types of coatings used. "

Clearly not a something intended for hobbyists or small shops, hence the need for Reload or Release.
Sponsored