Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I'm just curious if anyone has experience with ceramic (white leather). How does it wear over time? Does it stain with dark denim or clothing? Is it a pain in the ass to clean?
Sponsored

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Is it a pain in the ass to clean?
Just don't fart on it and you should be fine. :)

On a more serious note
Yes, it will be tougher to maintain. I had a very similar color leather interior once before and swore I would not do it again. Especially with things like pen marks, black scuffing from a guitar amps rubber feet, etc. I could never get that crap to clean up. I guess I could have tried a stronger cleaner but I am careful what I put on my leather and don't want to dry it out. With darker colors, you can almost always fade it enough with cleaning that you don't see it anymore.

Also, as the leather wrinkles from use, all those tiny little wrinkles will hold dirt or whatever lands there. Also, those wrinkles are like little cracks that show the darker leather just under the surface. Not very noticeable on dark leather (unless it's cheap leather) but will stand out more on ceramic. I think it's absolutely stunning on this car and I won't pass on a car because of it now because I trade more often. All leather will wear and they all have their cons. Saddle is my first choice followed by redline (which will probably age worst of all) but I would take ceramic any day over that 3rd degree burning summer sensation of black leather. Sadly, seems like everything is moving towards all black interior. Like sitting on a hot griddle, especially here in the south where we deal with that most of the year. And can't leave your window cracked cause of them damn skeeters. :) sorry for the long post, hope this helps. I am still working through this choice myself.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have a similar color leather on a Mazda 6. It stains very easily, gets blue every time you wear jeans, and is a pain to maintain. Looks great when it is clean though!

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
We've got a similar color in the CTS-4 we have at the shop as a test car. I can tell you that it is not a well-suited color for a fleet car, where a lot of people are in and out of it and no one really steps up to clean it. I try to, but its really too little, too late. It's got dingy, gray spots, tire tread marks on the back seat, the whitish seat belts are also stained. There's blue ink from a pen on the door pull, which at least won't be an issue in the S550 since the doors are black. Cadillac choose to at least make the upper dash and carpet black, so those don't show signs of discoloration. The leather cleaner I've used isn't effective enough to get rid of the heavier staining, like the tire marks.

All of that said, this is probably still the color I'd choose for my own car, inside of DIB. I really, really dislike dark colored leather when it gets hot outside, so Saddle would be my only other choice, but I prefer the color of Ceramic.

Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
It looks great.. but is terrible to live with in every way. I had the white leather interior in my anniversary edition Atenza (MS6 here). You couldn't keep the leather clean, it picked up every color and any and all dirt. No matter how much cleaner and protectant you put on it, it's just impossible.

OP
OP
Patio208

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Thanks for your input everyone. Most of these comments have confirmed what I already expected. I guess I will have to weigh the pros and cons further before deciding.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Is there any sort of cleaner or solution to put on the seats prior to prevent staining?

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
it all depends on the Quality of the surface of the seats
my chrysler 300C HEMI (bought new10 years ago) has seats which are very Close to ceramic. no Problem with Jeans, red Dresses or Shorts (my wife), and easily to clean (ok, we only use the HEMI for about 2000 (2thousand) miles a year) just use a Standard leather care product every 2 years and you are fine
my BMW z4 35i (got it new in may 2012) has seats in beige leather, too
they are (in american english) a pain in the a$$...
blue Jeans are a prob as well as many other things, that do not hurt the HEMI

btw: rolls royce as well as Bentley are proud of their leather seats and their testing program... QUOTE: our valued customers would not accept the seats be ruined just because they wear certain clothes. Our Quality leather is immune. There are no such Problems...
Sponsored