Sponsored

CD Player

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Hello; This is fine for those of you who want and have smart phones. I also think it is fine for those who do not want a CD player to not have a CD player in a new vehicle. Why should you pay for a CD player if you do not want one?

What I want is to have the option to have a CD player in a vehicle since I do want one. The first car I looked at without a CD player was Honda Civic. I asked the dealer if I could get a CD player installed. After a while the salesman said, with a straight face, yes for $2400 they would put one in.
I do agree with your point. I don’t mind the CD player in fact I want it, but it’s not really needed. Also, I would like a bigger center screen if they take away the CD player.

It’s obvious that Ford is saving money just getting rid of the CD drive (which probably cost very little).

My wife suv don’t have a CD player, but has a bigger screen than the ones that comes with.
Sponsored

flyinlow007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I have about 1800 CD's that over the years I ripped into Itunes. Alot of people rag on Itunes but I find it tremendously easy to use and manage my library. I have that library synced to my Iphone so I can play everything in my vehicles over bluetooth. I also have two Ipod classics (before they discontinued them) that are also synced to the library and can play them through USB or just plug them into the AUX jack in a car to play through the audio system. I haven't purchased CD's in a long time as I just buy the songs off of Itunes now, and they automatically sync in my library and can sync to my devices. The nice thing with these devices is I can get in almost any vehicle built in the last 10 years or so and have my music.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I can’t hear the better high end of hi-res formats, but I can def tell a difference in the dynamics in the very low end— at least in the cars and systems I have had in the past. I can hear it in the transients. I prefer better dynamics and the hi-res files encoded lossless with ALAC or FLAC (usually) give that to me.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Are you aware that your TracFone will soon become inoperable ? They utilize Verizon: "Tracfone uses Verizon's networks, and Verizon is shutting down their 2G and 3G networks which will affect any Tracfone CDMA devices using these networks. Verizon has been planning this closure for several years and planning accordingly by including VoLTE with the phones they sell."
Sounds like a rumor, private companies could pick up the slack.

Some of those strings are held by the feds for the homeless. Take $$$ from uncle sugar, turns into molasses, cannot get free.

If there is a buck to made, the support will be there.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Well stated ................... :fistbump:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
There is of course the two tin cans on a string option. :crackup::facepalm:

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
It is not a big deal and will be hardly noticeable, but why is Ford bothering to put a CD player in the Mach 1 elite package? If I understood correctly from the price and build, Mustangs typically don’t have CD players anymore, but they come with the B&O system for some reason. Seems silly in 2021.
Im glad they do. I have 900 CD's

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
I do agree with your point. I don’t mind the CD player in fact I want it, but it’s not really needed. Also, I would like a bigger center screen if they take away the CD player.

It’s obvious that Ford is saving money just getting rid of the CD drive (which probably cost very little).

My wife suv don’t have a CD player, but has a bigger screen than the ones that comes with.
i want a CD. I have 900 cd's. when your network gets a glitch I'll be dancing

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I thought the same thing with the B&O system, but figured I might as well use it as a backup. Once I get around to ripping the music from my CDs to jump drive, I’ll stop using it though. I keep thinking a disc is going to get stuck in there sooner or later and would rather stop using it before that happens.
First thing I'm gunna do when I get my Mach1 home is install an under dash 8 track player man, they're coming back like a bad case of athlete's foot.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
First thing I'm gunna do when I get my Mach1 home is install an under dash 8 track player man, they're coming back like a bad case of athlete's foot.
Hello; I get you think it is funny to wish to continue to use a level of tech which works quite well , even tho old. I suppose you will be removing the glass from windows soon because it is older tech than an 8 track player.
Here is the deal again since you seem to have forgotten already. I was around 19 years old when I saw the first 8 track player. They worked and it was hard to fault them since there was nothing else to compare them to. Only other music source in a car was an AM radio.
After a time the cassette tape came about. At first not really better sound quality than an 8 track. The 8 track had wider tape and ran more inches per second when playing. Trouble was the 8 track did not hold up well. After a little while they messed up.
The cassettes eventually got much better. Better quality tapes came along which could produce decent bass. If you had a good cassette recorder you could transfer your vinyl and have fairly good music in a vehicle. Of course the cassette had some problems. One was the hiss on the tape. I could get that mostly tamed. I had a very good dual deck recorder and it still is stored in a back room. A buddy of mine borrowed it a few years ago.

When CD's came along the first ones did skip some as you drove. They did have some sound quality issues in some ranges. Before long those issues were fixed and the CD became the best thing in a vehicle for personal choice music. FM radio is about as good with a clear station but they clip off some of the frequencies and play what they like.

I gave away my vinyl and good turntable to a friend and started using CD's in my home. Things got better when I discovered I can rip a CD to a computer program and then make copies onto blank CD's. I could pick individual songs from CD's and have my favorites.

Now, without my permission, the world has moved on to web based music. While there may be some good fidelity sources available, it seems most use MP3 which is a step down from a CD in quality. So you make fun of my CD preference while embracing a format which is of lesser quality and also that you do not get to physically own.

One last thing. While I did not find your athletes foot joke very funny, it did set an association about you in my mind. Now when I see your avatar I think of jock itch. That is alright since it makes me chuckle.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
First thing I'm gunna do when I get my Mach1 home is install an under dash 8 track player man, they're coming back like a bad case of crabs.
Fixed it ......................... :rockon: :cwl:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I like this statement even though I've only had a couple of CDs in it, and that was when I was setting my subwoofer amp.

Because people still have large collections of them and enjoy listening to them. They also sound better than most forms of streaming. I have my entire collection backed up on my computer but still enjoy listening to them in my Mustang.

Now if they put an 8 track player in the S650 I’d be concerned :giggle:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
i want a CD. I have 900 cd's. when your network gets a glitch I'll be dancing
I have my playlist downloaded in my phone. I won’t notice a network glitch in my Spotify. The quality will go down a little bit, but that’s it.:wink:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You missed out, I had an NOS under dash 8-track player (Craig I believe) that I sold on eBay a couple of years back for a ridiculous amount of money....
Sponsored