ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
My [very limited] understanding is that cats need temperature to work effectively, but boosted applications cause too much heat and start to break them down. I'm curious if anyone has any data on moving them further downstream in the exhaust system? This is for the smell/sound benefits since moving the cats from the factory location is not emissions legal, so not looking at this from that angle by any means. From an exhaust pressure perspective, from what I've read on @engineermike post, it doesn't appear the cats are accounting for more than 2 psi (might have misread). https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/exhaust-pressure-testing.162791/

Anyone seen this done, or is this one of those, "not going to work as intended" kind of scenarios?

For reference, I'm running 1 7/8" - 3" ARH catless with their x-pipe currently on a Whipple Stage 2. This build (The Sleeper) is my attempt at a "poor man's Aston Martin". I do a fair amount of 1/4 mile, 1-mile, and road course/HPDE events with this car in addition to long-distance cruising. Some of the tracks I visit also have sound monitoring (100db max), so it's not just me getting old, but also a practical side to it (i.e. don't want to be excluded from a local track).

The smell, raspiness, and drone are challenges I'd like to overcome to bring it back in line with the theme of the build without giving up too much on the performance numbers. I did have 3" bullet-style resonators installed, which helped a little bit with the off-idle raspiness and drone, but because of the Circle-D converter and my transmission (A10) tune slipping the converter below full-tilt-boogie, it sounds like I'm doing a pull on anything over 15% throttle :). I'd like to tone it down a bit when the active exhaust is in the "quiet" mode.

cover-image.jpg
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Or run e85 for the smell and use a diffenet resonator.