OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Update the interest list

*Edit* Nevermind, I don't have premium mirrors haha. I still don't want to pay the amount others want.
I'm in. Base model mirrors. If available.
Base model would have to be a different buy, which prob won't happen as there are already a good number out there.

Ebay results: http://goo.gl/2B3nOq
~$130 a set, no idea as to quality

Are they replacement mirror caps or double sided tape crap over the stock cover? I'm interested if they actually replace the factory cover.
Looks like they're covers over the stock pieces (I think). From the pictures I've seen, none of the CF ones are actual replacements because they don't put all the little tabs and fastener holes in the CF mold. Cost savings probably :shrug:

Honestly, after researching how CF parts get made, I'm not surprised by TruCarbon's pricing at all. If you don't get every single step perfectly right you're boned on your mold as well as your part. Hours and hours down the drain, even for something small.

Looks like there's some interest. I've got one supplier who agreed to send me a sample set, so I'll post up pictures of the actual mirror covers once they arrive. (Could be awhile.. from China.)
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Add me.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Another supplier:
The way those look molded, with the wrapped corners, if they are double sided tape I would think you would have to remove the stock cover and it would tape to the mirror assembly, which is definitely doable if you seen the mirror with the cover off before. Because there definitely is not enough room to wrap the edges like that over top of the stock cover. Which I would be okay with. I just wouldn't want a shell on top of the stock cover bc it would not sit flush with the mirror assembly any longer. Know what I mean?

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Can they do us base GT guys for a good price?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I am interested for around $100. Please add me to the list.

ecobooststeven

Where's The Boost?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
I got both of my side mirrors wrapped in 3M textured carbon fiber for only 100 dollars for both mirrors. Not sure if anyone wants to contact their local wrap installer and get a quote. Imo wraps are better than covers

OP
OP
OySmallFry@SCS

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
The way those look molded, with the wrapped corners, if they are double sided tape I would think you would have to remove the stock cover and it would tape to the mirror assembly, which is definitely doable if you seen the mirror with the cover off before. Because there definitely is not enough room to wrap the edges like that over top of the stock cover. Which I would be okay with. I just wouldn't want a shell on top of the stock cover bc it would not sit flush with the mirror assembly any longer. Know what I mean?
I think you may be right. The pieces in their pictures look more like full on replacements now that I take a closer look. I'll admit I haven't seen a disassembled mirror yet.

Edit: well, reading this thread I'm not sure any more.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33022

The vendor pics make them look pretty thick which would be tough to fit over the existing mirror. I'll try to get clarification.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OySmallFry@SCS

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I got clarification from both vendors I'm communicating with. They are covers over the OEM pieces.
Most likely installed using 3M tape.

I've ordered a sample set so I'll get pictures up here eventually.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Include me in please once you post pics of the set your ordering

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I would only want a set if they replaced the stock. a shell with 3M tape, if they are out of alignment, it would be a mess. if they replace, im in, tape, im out.

on the flip side, if anyone wants to trade for black covers for my oxford white, let me know

rich
619-410-1926

OP
OP
OySmallFry@SCS

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I would only want a set if they replaced the stock.
If you can find a set for under $200 that replaces the OEM covers, please by all means, point me to it.

Edit: Scratch that, if you can find a set AT ALL that replaces the OEM piece. Let me know.
Looks like even TruCarbon are stick on pieces
trucarbon.jpg

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Dude, you don't need to be a dick about it. just my preference.

you can take me off the list, don't want a set that bad.

go to min 2:58 and you will see why I don't want something taped on the caps

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: