2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Here is a pic of the center console, radio bezel, e-brake handle, and shift knob. Can't see in the pics are also cf knee bolsters. Also from carbon cartel (2x2 gloss weave pattern). Still waiting on door handle bits and steering wheel bezels.
Was the E-brake handle a PITA to install? Looks great, TIA
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Since I didn't get the PP my console is hard plastic so I wouldn't mind replacing it with a CF one if it's available?

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Close-ups of the 2x2 please...
as you wished

Was the E-brake handle a PITA to install? Looks great, TIA
not too difficult. there is a small tab on the rear passenger side you have to unhook which was the worst part. after that you just have to pull really hard and it comes off. gotta say if everything else in the interior was on as well there would be no "i have this rattle" complaints ever.

The final pieces should be arriving Thursday so should have it all installed Friday. After that I will post complete pics of the interior.
2018-04-29 15.01.16.jpg
2018-05-01 10.44.56.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
it was a late night last night finally making time to install my newest mods :D Installed the full carbon fiber dash kit from HCM carbon as well as my custom finished coil covers to add a nice touch to my whipple setup. :thumbsup:
dash kit.jpg
coil covers.jpg

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it was a late night last night finally making time to install my newest mods :D Installed the full carbon fiber dash kit from HCM carbon as well as my custom finished coil covers to add a nice touch to my whipple setup. :thumbsup:
I don't want to rain on your new install but it reminds me of the stick on faux wood a Honda dealer installed on my new 1995 Honda Accord EX. It was similar in that it was stuck on and glossy and didn't look like what they were trying to sell it as. It looks applied, not like the real deal because you can see it sitting on top of the surface. The little door to the left of the steering wheel really shows what I'm talking about as you can see it sitting on top of the little drawer.

I love the CF look, just not like this, but the most important part is how you like it not what some old fart thinks so no offense meant. :cheers:

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I don't want to rain on your new install but it reminds me of the stick on faux wood a Honda dealer installed on my new 1995 Honda Accord EX. It was similar in that it was stuck on and glossy and didn't look like what they were trying to sell it as. It looks applied, not like the real deal because you can see it sitting on top of the surface. The little door to the left of the steering wheel really shows what I'm talking about as you can see it sitting on top of the little drawer.

I love the CF look, just not like this, but the most important part is how you like it not what some old fart thinks so no offense meant. :cheers:
yeah, I totally get it! I was anxious of how it would turn out being the overlay and not the replacement... but I can honestly say the quality of the HCM product is very good. I agree that you can definitely tell in some areas that it is an overlay and not a panel replacement, but to me it was worth the savings and hassle of tearing apart the entire interior. when sitting in the car it really does look sharp and to the standard eye no one will ever know. I'm just happy I was able to do a little something to make it custom, even if it isn't perfect :thumbsup:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, I totally get it! I was anxious of how it would turn out being the overlay and not the replacement... but I can honestly say the quality of the HCM product is very good. I agree that you can definitely tell in some areas that it is an overlay and not a panel replacement, but to me it was worth the savings and hassle of tearing apart the entire interior. when sitting in the car it really does look sharp and to the standard eye no one will ever know. I'm just happy I was able to do a little something to make it custom, even if it isn't perfect :thumbsup:
I noticed because I have OCD and I'm an anal old dude but I bet it does look good sitting in the car. I'm glad you're happy with it, saving money definitely is a factor in this hobby.

EDIT: By the way, awesome car, I hope to have a Whipple some day as well!

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Totally agree and that's a really good way to put it.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok boys here it is. Steering wheel and shift knob are Beith, dash plaque piece is HCM, the center steering wheel around the pony is Xotic tech, everything else is Carbon Cartel.

Overall I love it, the cf weave and finish is excellent and it all flows together well. Only pieces I'm not totally in love with are the door piece overlays. Not bad by any means but compared to the replacement pieces I can tell the difference. We'll see how I feel about them after a few months driving.

Any future cf will be exterior and not until over next winter.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
2018-05-04 17.02.37.jpg
2018-05-04 17.02.39.jpg
2018-05-04 17.02.43.jpg
2018-05-04 17.02.48.jpg
2018-05-04 17.02.53.jpg
2018-05-04 17.02.57.jpg
2018-05-04 17.03.01.jpg
2018-05-04 17.03.03.jpg

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ok boys here it is. Steering wheel and shift knob are Beith, dash plaque piece is HCM, the center steering wheel around the pony is Xotic tech, everything else is Carbon Cartel.

Overall I love it, the cf weave and finish is excellent and it all flows together well. Only pieces I'm not totally in love with are the door piece overlays. Not bad by any means but compared to the replacement pieces I can tell the difference. We'll see how I feel about them after a few months driving.

Any future cf will be exterior and not until over next winter.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Wow :eyebulge: This is the right place for you :lol:

:thumbsup::cheers::love::thumbsup::cheers::love:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
carbon fiber accents

I admire anyone who wishes to design their own ride, I've got the "Carbon Fever" also. Wrapped "Gurney Flap". Carbon front spoiler is next.
IMG_20180222_150116_312.jpg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have had the interior bits a while what do you clean them with. The glossy finish is gonna show swirls really easy so I don't think the usual interior detailer used on the plastics is gonna work.
Sponsored