car max appraisal

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Another thing to consider if you have any mods, they usually lower the price. Modified cars are harder to sell, most buyers want it stock. just for fun I put mine thru a few weeks ago just to see what they would offer. I paid 43K two years ago, and they offered 24K for mine with only 10K miles. It was 25.5K until I mentioned the long tube headers. The price drop was more than I paid for the headers.
Sponsored

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
I got an appraisal from them on my 2014 GT Premium with 7,000 miles. They offered $18k, dealer took it from me for $23k.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got an appraisal from them on my 2014 GT Premium with 7,000 miles. They offered $18k, dealer took it from me for $23k.
This sounds about right for CarMax. I have an 18 GT base with 5K miles and I'm tight for cash right now working on a restoration and thinking very hard about leaving it at Carmax. I paid 30K new and I'll bet they give me 18K, then sell it for 25K. This is their business model to a T.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
Hey long long ago you take it?

I have a red GT premium 19373 miles. Navigation
20inch wheels
About two weeks ago. It was a Ford dealer and I was looking at something more comfortable for a daily driver. They had a couple of leftover Fusions (2017) drastically reduced. AWD and loaded. Was trying to do an even swap. I had them down to my car and $2500 out the door.

james35qq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
About two weeks ago. It was a Ford dealer and I was looking at something more comfortable for a daily driver. They had a couple of leftover Fusions (2017) drastically reduced. AWD and loaded. Was trying to do an even swap. I had them down to my car and $2500 out the door.
Ford Fusion is a good car as a daily driver. I bought a clean title 2017 Fusion with no damage very cheap on this car auction https://abetter.bid/en/car-finder/type-automobiles/make-ford/model-fusion and it still works well. It has some crashed cars too and you can buy them pretty cheap and use them for parts

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I put up a Craigslist ad for my 2012 Civc Si - Carvana called me up and offered me more than what I was asking for. Interesting that they were lurking in Craigslist. Anyway, no buyer/paperwork hassle (one poor soul lost the $200 deposit he sent me - couldn't get a loan for $10k). Four signatures later, and I had a check in my hand to offset the cost of my new-to-me '18 GT PP.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
Carvana picking it up Tuesday. $24,095.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Manual. I added factory Navigation.

Mikstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
hey guys i have a 2015 GT premium that i need to get rid of

just wondering if anyone on these great forums has taken mustang to car max recently or last few months to get a
Appraisal for it just wondering and trying to get a idea of what to expect.. thanks
I took my 2015 Mustang GT with only 1080 miles on it and got 26,000

Paid over 45k for it. They claimed it wasn't worth that much.

They turned around and sold it for almost 33k.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah any mods hurt value for carmax appraisals. I think any modified car or anything older then 2007/2008~ goes straight to the auction if you sell to them. I sold a stock slk to them a few years ago since they gave me a really good offer. Got low balled on the GT though which I expected.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Carmax is a joke, offered me 29k for an 18 Gt with 8k mikes, 401a, active exhaust, auto transmission, and p51 wheels with mpss almost new. Sold it in 2 weeks when I listed it on autotrader, 33k and had multiple people wanting it. Could have gotten more but I needed to move it to get a 4 door. Thing is they had a 17 gt base with the cloth interior, same miles, space shuttle radio, and cheap ugly stock rims, no haggle price of 29,900. I thanked them for wasting my time and took off. I will never step foot on their lot again.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Carmax is a joke, offered me 29k for an 18 Gt with 8k mikes, 401a, active exhaust, auto transmission, and p51 wheels with mpss almost new. Sold it in 2 weeks when I listed it on autotrader, 33k and had multiple people wanting it. Could have gotten more but I needed to move it to get a 4 door. Thing is they had a 17 gt base with the cloth interior, same miles, space shuttle radio, and cheap ugly stock rims, no haggle price of 29,900. I thanked them for wasting my time and took off. I will never step foot on their lot again.
Welcome to the world of wholesale and retail ;)

What did your car sticker for?

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I put up a Craigslist ad for my 2012 Civc Si - Carvana called me up and offered me more than what I was asking for. Interesting that they were lurking in Craigslist. Anyway, no buyer/paperwork hassle (one poor soul lost the $200 deposit he sent me - couldn't get a loan for $10k). Four signatures later, and I had a check in my hand to offset the cost of my new-to-me '18 GT PP.
Carvana picking it up Tuesday. $24,095.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Manual. I added factory Navigation.
I'm thinking of selling my car to Carvana since the Carmax quote was low, but the quote at the dealer was higher. Did Carvana offer the highest offer for your car overall?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I'm thinking of selling my car to Carvana since the Carmax quote was low, but the quote at the dealer was higher. Did Carvana offer the highest offer for your car overall?
Carvana's was, but I had a full price offer plus $200 deposit before anyone even came by. That deal fell through, and the Carvana offer came in higher than my asking price, so I was done entertaining offers before it even started.
Sponsored