Sponsored

Can't remove back seat cushion

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'll start with - I know where the buttons are - I removed the cushion in the past and the buttons seem to not work and be loose - no resistance when I push them.

Does anyone have an idea how to unlatch the cushion ? Or have a pic of how the unlocking mechanism on the bottom side of the cushion looks like so I can try to figure out how to make it work ?
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
If you stick your have under about the middle of each side you'll feel a springy plastic lever thing, you push it to the back of the car. It took a lot of force both pushing this lever and pulling up on the cushion to get mine loose.

They are where the orange arrows show
388917-cust-mustang-Rear-Seat-Delete-003.jpg

Reactions: kz
OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They are where the orange arrows show
Thanks - that's exactly what I am pushing (plastic levers - which looking at your pic are integral with the cushion on the bottom side) and they just seem plain loose, regardless of how hard I push - and do not unlock the locking mechanism unfortunately...

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Make sure you're pushing the actual seat release levers. Right there is also where the upholstry is attached with a cheap cheesy plastic hook of sorts that attaches the front material to the seat. If it's not clipped on it falls right in front of the release latch.

OP
OP
kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Make sure you're pushing the actual seat release levers. Right there is also where the upholstry is attached with a cheap cheesy plastic hook of sorts that attaches the front material to the seat. If it's not clipped on it falls right in front of the release latch.
That's what I am pushing - unfortunately. I did remove cushions once - to install second seatbelt receptable for Shroth quickfit harness - and I want to remove it again (or generally it would be nice to have that option for the future) ;-) to fix how two receptacles sit in the slot in the cushion...

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
That's what I am pushing - unfortunately. I did remove cushions once - to install second seatbelt receptable for Shroth quickfit harness - and I want to remove it again (or generally it would be nice to have that option for the future) ;-) to fix how two receptacles sit in the slot in the cushion...
Thats rough, I know I could see under the front of my seat, have you looked in with a flashlight while pulling it up to see if you can tell whats going on?
Sponsored