Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi all.
6'0" 175 lbs.
I've got a skinny ass, but these leather heat/cool seats seem to cut right into my hip bone. I figure raising my ass a little will help with a memory foam cushion but then I'm a little too tall unless I lean the chair back a little too far for my comfort. Anyone have this issue and solved it? I'm probably going to have to build a little sloped foam cushion myself, but if anyone has found something out there, I'm open to trying it. Have seen the Purple seat cushion that's been advertised everywhere...

Thanks
Sponsored

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.
6'0" 175 lbs.
I've got a skinny ass, but these leather heat/cool seats seem to cut right into my hip bone. I figure raising my ass a little will help with a memory foam cushion but then I'm a little too tall unless I lean the chair back a little too far for my comfort. Anyone have this issue and solved it? I'm probably going to have to build a little sloped foam cushion myself, but if anyone has found something out there, I'm open to trying it. Have seen the Purple seat cushion that's been advertised everywhere...

Thanks
The purple seat cushion will add like 2-3 inch’s to your height and is way over priced, got one free when they first started selling mattress’s (awesome) which I can’t say enough good things about. But I don’t think it’s the answer to your problem.
Good luck, I hope you find something.

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
Roll up a bed sheet and place it at the bottom of the seat back. Should help to mitigate the damage from the lumbar bump in the seat back. And it's cheap.

OP
OP

mikem91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Roll up a bed sheet and place it at the bottom of the seat back. Should help to mitigate the damage from the lumbar bump in the seat back. And it's cheap.
Tried a towel - that helped!

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
It's going to flatten out over time, so be sure to replace it every few weeks.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Search auto/car seat cushion in Amazon. There are tons of different kinds available.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Never should have happened in the first place. The seat cushion should have been basically flat for comfort driving, with side bolster support, which it has and if you want the extra support buy the Recaro option. I'm wondering if SHO seats would fit.

OP
OP

mikem91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Never should have happened in the first place. The seat cushion should have been basically flat for comfort driving, with side bolster support, which it has and if you want the extra support buy the Recaro option. I'm wondering if SHO seats would fit.
Too true. I'm wondering how wider butt people handle it. It seems like those bottom bolsters would feel like sitting on 2 uncomfortable bumps...

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
Everyone's different. Some have wider hips, some have wider shoulders, some have longer torsos, and others have longer legs. I'd hate to have to drive with long legs and short arms. A friend of mine is 6'7" and, with his long torso, he comfortably daily drives a 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe, but he can't fit in a previous generation Toyota Camry. He can fit in a Miata, but only with the roof down. The windshield header is level with his shoulders.

I'm planning on ditching my stock seats eventually. Still trying to decide if I want to go with the FP Recaros or another brand of racing seat. There's too much of a lumbar bump (even with the lumbar bolster completely deflated), too much forward tilt in the headrest, not enough side bolstering, and what bolsters there are are set too far apart for my narrow frame. At least they're cloth so I don't slide around on them like I do leather and they don't burn my ass after sitting out in the Texas sun.
Sponsored