Sponsored

Can i fill my car with E85 without a tune? just straight fill and drive? 2019 GT here.

pinspade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
just wondering if i am able without having to tune or any of that. Will i still benefit?
Sponsored

OP
OP

pinspade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Also, will a cold air intake benefit my car without a tune?

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
just wondering if i am able without having to tune or any of that. Will i still benefit?
Absolutely do NOT do that. You need a tune to both safely fuel the engine AND to take advantage of the potential provided by the corn. A good Lund E85 tune would be the best first mod if your willing to potentially compromise your warranty.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Also, will a cold air intake benefit my car without a tune?
Lots of discussion on this, do a search to learn more but the consensus is that, in most cases the factory air box is very good and there is not much of anything to be gained, especially when stock. The 18 and up is good enough that some15-17 peeps are putting it on their car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pinspade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Lots of discussion on this, do a search to learn more but the consensus is that, in most cases the factory air box is very good and there is not much of anything to be gained, especially when stock. The 18 and up is good enough that some15-17 peeps are putting it on their car.
Thank You! i will save the money for stripes and side scoops!

OP
OP

pinspade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely do NOT do that. You need a tune to both safely fuel the engine AND to take advantage of the potential provided by the corn. A good Lund E85 tune would be the best first mod if your willing to potentially compromise your warranty.
Thank You! there is an E85 station down the street from me is why i was wondering. I will stick with 91.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Hey William,

You will absolutely need a tune to run E85, there are plenty of options available for top notch tuners for the coyote platform. Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, AED, etc will all be great options and in my opinion a tune is the best bang for the buck modification. If you add E85 into the equation you can expect a totally different ride.

header_blog_tuneshope.jpg

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/the-tune-shop-at-lethal-performance/

At the top here you can see our stock dyno numbers compared to when we dynoed the car with a Lund Racing E85 tune for real world results.

GM-Numbers-Whipple-864.jpg

Give us a shout if you have any questions or if we can help with anything at all!

www.lethalperformance.com

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You! there is an E85 station down the street from me is why i was wondering. I will stick with 91.
tooling around down the corn is pointless. Does Cali even have true E85 or is it some cheater mix? Grab yourself a tester and check that station from time to time to see if it's consistent. You can throw 3-4 gallons out of 16 into the tank if you want. Go find a fuel mixture calculator (eg. http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php) and you can play up to E30 without problem.
Sponsored