Sponsored

Camaro vs Everybody's review of the GT350

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Interesting review, I guess the t-shirt is supposed to be a joke? Or maybe not... ;)

[ame]
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Got to the 10th use of the word "gimmick" and had to stop....
Based on what I heard to that point, I don't think the T-shirts a joke :lol:

Thanks for posting this Mike! Hope you got through the storm OK :thumbsup:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Summary:
Tech pack electronics are outdated and lame (no car play, no android auto)
Interior is worse than new Camaro
Clutch Sucks
Steering has three modes (all bad I guess, he never really said but his tone conveyed his dismay)
Brake is over boosted
Shifter is fragile

Engine is good though, but FPC is gimmick

If you like attention it's the car for you.

It's the cool and hot car now, but the Camaro ZL1 will eat the GT350's lunch.

I will agree that the clutch is off-putting to many (although I've grown to like it) and that the shifter could use some improvement in certain positions (but I don't think it feels flimsy).

-T

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Summary:
Tech pack electronics are outdated and lame (no car play, no android auto)
Interior is worse than new Camaro
Clutch Sucks
Steering has three modes (all bad I guess, he never really said but his tone conveyed his dismay)
Brake is over boosted
Shifter is fragile

Engine is good though, but FPC is gimmick

If you like attention it's the car for you.

It's the cool and hot car now, but the Camaro ZL1 will eat the GT350's lunch.

I will agree that the clutch is off-putting to many (although I've grown to like it) and that the shifter could use some improvement in certain positions (but I don't think it feels flimsy).

-T
My Summary; That guys a douche....

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
YouTube lol - please leave this to professionals.

Last edited:

Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
So the seats are mounted so low you once again cannot see in or out of this car??? (the ZL1) Its probably handy for him when he has his sister in the back seat.

Last edited:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I love how he is like "FPC is a gimmick, any car company out there could accomplish the same thing without doing the FPC, this is just a gimmick"

Obviously this guy is an engine building guru, yet he elects not to share what other easy ways he would be a NA v8 that revs over 8 grand and develops 100hp/liter. Maybe a type R sticker and a fart can?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'd be more apt to say his review was a gimmick. Yes their are other ways to get 8k rpm out of an engine, mostly at the tune of a sh*t load of cash! I did love the seating was too high, someone else mentioned already, you can't see anything out of a Camaro. He forgot to mention that.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've had so many customer that bought mustangs over camaros due to being lighter and safer to see out the quarter panels

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Wait. What V8 performance motors are revving past 8k that aren't in high end exotics? Who is this fat little troll anyways? I've never seen his videos (probably a good thing).

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
brakes are overboosted? Stop using wooden clogs for driving shoes. Its roughly as touchy as the Yaris I had as a rental car, and rewards a soft foot in daily driving. At the track its a bucket of who cares because you shouldn't be doing delicate trailbraking unless you are already good enough driver to have the ability to control sensitive brakes.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is what happens to that kid who sat it the back of the class being a dingleberry. You become this.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Based on "Camaro vs. Everybody", he loves Camaros. So therefore his goal is to sound as objective as possible while telling people the Camaro is better. Most of the Camaro trolls around here say the regular Camaro is probably better than the GT350 - at least he didn't try to make that claim.

I do agree that the Voodoo is a great engine but the FPC is a bit of a gimmick. If Ford had set up the engine with two separate intake tracts and got the crank weight down below 40 lbs, then I would disagree that it was a gimmick. However, with only a few pounds saved over the Coyote and with an aftermarket 5.2 CPC crate motor already available that makes more power and has the same redline - the FPC became a bit of a gimmick. I know that probably isn't a popular view here, but IMO it is true. Still doesn't take away that it's the best engine/car package I've ever owned and much better than anything I've driven in a similar price point or up to ~ double the cost.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Based on "Camaro vs. Everybody", he loves Camaros. So therefore his goal is to sound as objective as possible while telling people the Camaro is better. Most of the Camaro trolls around here say the regular Camaro is probably better than the GT350 - at least he didn't try to make that claim.

I do agree that the Voodoo is a great engine but the FPC is a bit of a gimmick. If Ford had set up the engine with two separate intake tracts and got the crank weight down below 40 lbs, then I would disagree that it was a gimmick. However, with only a few pounds saved over the Coyote and with an aftermarket 5.2 CPC crate motor already available that makes more power and has the same redline - the FPC became a bit of a gimmick. I know that probably isn't a popular view here, but IMO it is true. Still doesn't take away that it's the best engine/car package I've ever owned and much better than anything I've driven in a similar price point or up to ~ double the cost.
Big difference with the 5.2 Aluminator XS is that it doesn't have to meet emissions regulations as a crate motor. If the 5.2 FPC had that bonus, and considering most consider it to be slightly underrated as is, and had more aggressive interals/cams like the Aluminator, you can bet your ass it would make more power than the XS.

Just not enough room or budget to make a dual intake system when they haven't done that type of design/research previously. I do wish the crank was lighter to get even quicker rev's and faster acceleration, but it is still far more responsive than any other american V8 thus produced.
Sponsored