Sponsored

Camaro giant leaps, Mustang just enough (SS vs. GT)

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Funny, I have yet to see the V6 1le tested on the same track...same driver...same day. We already know that a several second difference can be had from different days alone. Now throw a different driver into the mix and you can throw that bullshit right out of here.

And of course, even the V6 1le had better tires than the previous PP.
That will never happen on same day, but look at the figure 8 numbers with Proust at the wheel, and the v6 is only .1 slower then GT. The v6 doesn’t have the tires or brakes of the v8. The base 1ss was .3 faster then the gtpp with runflat tires. The 1le match 350r time. :cheers:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
That will never happen on same day, but look at the figure 8 numbers with Proust at the wheel, and the v6 is only .1 slower then GT. The v6 doesn’t have the tires or brakes of the v8. The base 1ss was .3 faster then the gtpp with runflat tires. The 1le match 350r time. :cheers:
Where was the same day same track back to back test?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Figure 8....LOL! Good one.

Look at the track times at the bottom of this link. At least it's the same driver. Still, different day's can mean drastically different results...but the GTPP is 1 second quicker than the V6 1le around willow even with it's shitty Pzero tires. The gap on VIR would be even larger.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/fiat...pider-abarth-porsche-718-boxster-s-toyota-86/

I can't believe people are still trying to compare track times with different drivers that are more than a year apart.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figure 8....LOL! Good one.

Look at the track times at the bottom of this link. At least it's the same driver. Still, different day's can mean drastically different results...but the GTPP is 1 second quicker than the V6 1le around willow even with it's shitty Pzero tires. The gap on VIR would be even larger.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/fiat...pider-abarth-porsche-718-boxster-s-toyota-86/

I can't believe people are still trying to compare track times with different drivers that are more than a year apart.
Fiqure 8 is a handeling test, thus gives you a idea on chassis and design of car. The gtpp did beat the v6 by .9 sec, but I’m sure the extra 100hp helped. The base 1ss beat the gtpp by 1.14 and that is on runflats. But the v6 1le beat the gtpp at vir, so have no idea what you are saying the gab would be bigger if they didn’t have zeros.:shrug:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where was the same day same track back to back test?
I could see if one track the gtpp was faster then another track the SS was faster. But the SS has been faster by a lot on every track. Hard to believe the every day the gtpp was tested it was the worst driver and weather, yet every test with the SS had best driver and weather.:headbonk:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Fiqure 8 is a handeling test, thus gives you a idea on chassis and design of car. The gtpp did beat the v6 by .9 sec, but I’m sure the extra 100hp helped. The base 1ss beat the gtpp by 1.14 and that is on runflats. But the v6 1le beat the gtpp at vir, so have no idea what you are saying the gab would be bigger if they didn’t have zeros.:shrug:
Figure 8 is a grip test. Tires tires tires.

And for the love of God, why do you think having runflats has anything to do with the ability of the tire to grip? The goodyears on the camaros at all levels are leaps and bounds better than the pirellis Ford has been using.

And no, the V6 1le never went against the GTPP at VIR. They had different drivers and were ran over a year apart. Had they been run on the same day with the same driver....the GTPP would be clearly ahead.

I'm not sure how you don't understand any of this...but you are clearly delusional.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figure 8 is a grip test. Tires tires tires.

And for the love of God, why do you think having runflats has anything to do with the ability of the tire to grip? The goodyears on the camaros at all levels are leaps and bounds better than the pirellis Ford has been using.

And no, the V6 1le never went against the GTPP at VIR. They had different drivers and were ran over a year apart. Had they been run on the same day with the same driver....the GTPP would be clearly ahead.

I'm not sure how you don't understand any of this...but you are clearly delusional.
Your the one that’s delusional if you think it’s just tires for these times. :headbonk:
What data do you have that show the runflats are so much better the the pzeros.:shrug:

Most drivers at vir for the test are same each year. Just watch the videos and you see the same name for most for best times on each car.:cheers:

Good read on fiqure 8 test. http://www.motortrend.com/news/best...ted-motor-trends-top-figure8-performers-3095/

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Your the one that’s delusional if you think it’s just tires for these times. :headbonk:
What data do you have that show the runflats are so much better the the pzeros.:shrug:

Most drivers at vir for the test are same each year. Just watch the videos and you see the same name for most for best times on each car.:cheers:
The VIR tests uses multiple drivers every year. For the track times, they chose whoever happened to run the best time. And you think all of their skills are the same...seriously dude, WTF are you smoking?

And it's already been shown that running on different days can lead to a several SECOND delta in track times....and that is with THE SAME DRIVER.

I posted a link showing the GTPP has almost a second advantage on at Willow with Pobst driving on different days. Yet, you think that the V61LE is magically even with the GTPP at VIR....a much longer track that favors HP with a different driver? Seriously man, are you listening to your train of thought?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The VIR tests uses multiple drivers every year. For the track times, they chose whoever happened to run the best time. And you think all of their skills are the same...seriously dude, WTF are you smoking?

And it's already been shown that running on different days can lead to a several SECOND delta in track times....and that is with THE SAME DRIVER.

I posted a link showing the GTPP has almost a second advantage on at Willow with Pobst driving on different days. Yet, you think that the V61LE is magically even with the GTPP at VIR....a much longer track that favors HP with a different driver? Seriously man, are you listening to your train of thought?
Vir uses different drivers, but on the fast lap times is usually the same driver, the one with most skill. Watch tapes.

What I fine funny, you seem to believe that all gt track times were poor and bad weather times, yet the SS seems to get the best weather and drivers that’s why there faster. :doh:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Vir uses different drivers, but on the fast lap times is usually the same driver, the one with most skill. Watch tapes.

What I fine funny, you seem to believe that all gt track times were poor and bad weather times, yet the SS seems to get the best weather and drivers that’s why there faster. :doh:
:crazy:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=25009]millhouse[/MENTION] ; 02gtnh is spewing that same bullshit on FB too :lol:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not on Facebook, so get facts straight.:crazy:
Ya you are.. the S550 group, with the EXACT same V6 1LE beat the GTPP garbage. Go to yellow bullet and try convincing them there. Come back and post what happened LOL
Sponsored