Sponsored

Calling All Saddle Interior Owners

5OYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 RCSB 5.0 | S550 - Coming Soon
Hey M6G guys and gals!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. The wealth of information, write up, tech articles and shared knowledge from users is second to none, I stand behind the belief this is one of the best forums on the internet, period.

Over here in NC I'm finally seeing supply/demand of S550's level back out, not to pre-2020 prices, but much more reasonable, even, dare I say under sticker on some remaining new '23s, and that has got me seriously hunting for a green GT MT-82 car, but I had a thought.

I'm wondering if anyone has or has seen a Need for Green, Grabber Lime, or Eruption Green car with Saddle Interior? I've seen a few Guard cars with it back in the day, but can't say I've ever seen a Gen 3 Green car with Saddle Interior, aside from on the Build and Price.

Anyone out there have any color green '18+ with saddle brown interior?

Long shot, but thank you all in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That's a good question... I think Saddle is a much more rare interior seating color than say Ceramic, with Red coming in next and then Black following up with being the most common.

OP
OP

5OYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a good question... I think Saddle is a much more rare interior seating color than say Ceramic, with Red coming in next and then Black following up with being the most common.
Oh I 100% agree with your thoughts and order! Anytime I ever see saddle it's always a Shadow Black or Oxford White car it seems, never any '18+ green variety, but I surely thought someone out here would have a NFG, GL, EG car with saddle.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm wondering if anyone has or has seen a Need for Green, Grabber Lime, or Eruption Green car with Saddle Interior?
I don't see a "Saddle" option. Do you mean Tan?

1685542137929.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

5OYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see a "Saddle" option. Do you mean Tan?

1685542137929.png
Yep! Ford has changed the name over the years from "Saddle, Dark Saddle Brown, Brown, Tan, etc." but the color has remained the same.

Some "tan" cars seem to be categorized in the ceramic/white seats too, especially searching dealer inventory on Gen 2's, not so much Gen 3's.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yep! Ford has changed the name over the years from "Saddle, Dark Saddle Brown, Brown, Tan, etc." but the color has remained the same.

Some "tan" cars seem to be categorized in the ceramic/white seats too, especially searching dealer inventory on Gen 2's, not so much Gen 3's.
Cruising dealer inventory for a specific interior isn't going to work. The morons at the dealerships know almost nothing about the cars they're listing for sale, so items like interior/seat materials won't be factored.

Do yourself a favor;

Stop obsessing over that seat color. You can change the seat covers to get what you want.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I know the originator asked about tan with a green exterior. I think that would be a great combo! Mine is Rapid Red over the tan interior and I love it. Have received a number of compliments, since the vast majority out there are black. I've had a couple of other cars previous to this one with a similar combo so when I ordered mine it's what I had to have.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Or you can always pony up and change it yourself .
20230531_171825.jpg

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
Cruising dealer inventory for a specific interior isn't going to work. The morons at the dealerships know almost nothing about the cars they're listing for sale, so items like interior/seat materials won't be factored.

Do yourself a favor;

Stop obsessing over that seat color. You can change the seat covers to get what you want.
What KingKona said!

No way you should let the upholstery turn you off on a car that you otherwise want.
You don't have to limit yourself to the factory offerings.
Get in touch with Katzkin or Leatherseats.com or Roadwire and they can do all kinds of colors and patterns.
Think $1K-$3K, depending on how fancy and how much DIY you can handle.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5OYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I should've clarified that interior color isn't a deal breaker in my search, more so I was just curious if anyone had that combination, as I've never seen any on M6G or various auto inventory/dealer websites over the years.

I've seen and saved the great write ups of seat swaps, an OEM swap with a set of take outs or Katzkin would definitely be my go to to achieve interior color.

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 6MT in Velocity Blue
...You can change the seat covers to get what you want.
Disagree. I've been looking for a good OEM set of ceramic seats to swap in and they are tough to come by. "Just spend $2k+ on katzkin!" No thanks.. looking for OEM and $2k+ on an interior aesthetic change is a little silly imo.

verdelaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 6MT in Velocity Blue
Or you can always pony up and change it yourself .
20230531_171825.jpg
Is that OEM?... Where did they come from, how much did they cost, and how much DIY did you do please? Thanks for your help.. I've been looking off and on for ceramic seats for a while.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The covers came from leatherseats.com , Price depends on how you configure the colors and material . I had them installed at an upholstery shop due to not wanting to screw up the cover and not having all the correct tools .

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Disagree. I've been looking for a good OEM set of ceramic seats to swap in and they are tough to come by. "Just spend $2k+ on katzkin!" No thanks.. looking for OEM and $2k+ on an interior aesthetic change is a little silly imo.
Then it's a good thing my suggestion was for the OP.
Sponsored

Last edited: