California Special spoiler options?

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
So will additional holes need to be drilled to install the mmd v series on a GT CS
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So will additional holes need to be drilled to install the mmd v series on a GT CS
For that one yes, you have to drill two extra holes in the center horizontal along the decklid, the GT/CS only has vertical row in the center.

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
For that one yes, you have to drill two extra holes in the center horizontal along the decklid, the GT/CS only has vertical row in the center.
And will the oem holes be exposed with the mmd v series or will they be covered by it. Also couldn’t you get away with not drilling the extra holes and just use the two oem holes on each side to keep the wing in place

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
And will the oem holes be exposed with the mmd v series or will they be covered by it. Also couldn’t you get away with not drilling the extra holes and just use the two oem holes on each side to keep the wing in place
I saw in some thread somewhere that one GT/CS owner has the MMD V series and states it does not leave any old holes exposed, yeah you can skip those holes and hope the adhesive works well in the center, For example the CDC Outlaw spoiler only comes using one hole on the edges and just uses adhesive all the way along the trunk and does not utilize any center holes, and I have not seen any complaints of it separating?

Dean)66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 17
I saw in some thread somewhere that one GT/CS owner has the MMD V series and states it does not leave any old holes exposed, yeah you can skip those holes and hope the adhesive works well in the center, For example the CDC Outlaw spoiler only comes using one hole on the edges and just uses adhesive all the way along the trunk and does not utilize any center holes, and I have not seen any complaints of it separating?
Are you running an aftermarket spolior

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running an aftermarket spolior
No I still have not went that route, I am sticking to my GT/CS one for now, also I have the 19+ version which is accented with black pedestals and color matched top so I think it looks nicer vs the all black one from 16-17.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt cs 2016
Hey guys, so I also have a California special and I wanted to replace the wing with a gt350 wing, but no the older 350 wing I wanted the newer one that’s actually on the gt500 as well, would that work? And also would the gt performance pack wing work? Those are the two I’m look at rn

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys, so I also have a California special and I wanted to replace the wing with a gt350 wing, but no the older 350 wing I wanted the newer one that’s actually on the gt500 as well, would that work? And also would the gt performance pack wing work? Those are the two I’m look at rn
I have the GT350 track pack spoiler in black on mine. Covers all the holes and looks great.

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt cs 2016
I have the GT350 track pack spoiler in black on mine. Covers all the holes and looks great.

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg
The one I’m actually referring to is the one on the newer 350s and it’s also on the gt500 as well would that one work?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Post a pic of the one u want. If it doesn't have something in the middle your gonna have holes.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I removed my CS spoiler and tried to put the MMD on over the weekend. It covers 95% of the holes, but you can still see the edge of the hole on my passenger side. So I guess I'm stuck with buying a blank and having it painted?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I removed my CS spoiler and tried to put the MMD on over the weekend. It covers 95% of the holes, but you can still see the edge of the hole on my passenger side. So I guess I'm stuck with buying a blank and having it painted?
Is that the MMD V Series one? I almost grabbed that one. The GT350 covers all the holes completely. Maybe you could find someone locally that would trade trunk lids? Could even be an Ecoboost car as long as it had the right paint. I have seen a lot of Oxford white ecoboosts locally. That was my back up plan if the GT350 didnt work out.
Sponsored