Drake Wicker Spoiler. California Special

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS, 2021 F350 Tremor
Has anyone installed on a 550 California Special? CJ does not say anything, but LMR says not to as holes are potentially exposed. Thoughts? Are the CS holes that different?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone installed on a 550 California Special? CJ does not say anything, but LMR says not to as holes are potentially exposed. Thoughts? Are the CS holes that different?
Box arrives tomorrow. More to follow.

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
The answers are;

Yes I it will work
You will have to drill holes
You cannot print the template easily, you basically need a plotter
Every video I saw with factory spoilers showed four screws. The CS has 6 ugh!
Dropping the nut into the trunk frame sucks! Thankfully my wife has small hands
I’d recommend putting sealer around the holes not used by the spoiler, the 3m tape looks a bit thin
It does look pretty cool. Pics attached.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Looks real nice, I have a GT/CS too. so when you said you had to drill holes, was it just the two holes by the center area to match those found on more common spoiler mustang trims? I know we get 1 extra hole on each side of the trunk, but does one of those line up for spoilers like other mustangs? or you had to drill extra on the sides to get the drake spoiler on?

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Looks real nice, I have a GT/CS too. so when you said you had to drill holes, was it just the two holes by the center area to match those found on more common spoiler mustang trims? I know we get 1 extra hole on each side of the trunk, but does one of those line up for spoilers like other mustangs? or you had to drill extra on the sides to get the drake spoiler on?
Hi. Just have to drill 2 in the center. The outer holes match the Drake spoiler. You will have a total of 4 holes that are just holes. Two in the center and 1 on each side.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I saw on some spoilers that say not recommended for GT/CS is the top two side bolts that sometimes seem slightly exposed on some spoilers. It is very close to the end of the flat area of the deck, so I guess this spoiler did mold to the limits of it so it covers fine. I am looking at the Drake Shelby GT spoiler version angles seem to show it going to the limits as well of the flat area, but I guess another gamble to try

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I saw on some spoilers that say not recommended for GT/CS is the top two side bolts that sometimes seem slightly exposed on some spoilers. It is very close to the end of the flat area of the deck, so I guess this spoiler did mold to the limits of it so it covers fine. I am looking at the Drake Shelby GT spoiler version angles seem to show it going to the limits as well of the flat area, but I guess another gamble to try
Yup. This spoiler covers just fine. I added automotive adhesive around all the holes just to keep the water out.