California Special spoiler options?

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
I purchased a Gt350 spoiler to replace the CS spoiler on my car, but after much struggles to get the original spoiler off, I realized the hole locations on the CS trunk are not completely covered by the GT350 spoiler. What options do CS owners have for spoiler replacements?

Thanks
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you no this isn't exclusive to the GTCS, all of them come with a locator pin in the middle so if you want the GT350R spoiler you need to get a spoiler delete trunk or get the holes filled and painted, or get the cheap spoiler that comes with the black piece to cover the holes too.

A regular GT350 spoiler would work, or really most other options that aren't open along the entire middle!

OP
OP

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Hmmmmm. The issue I'm having now is with the regular GT 350 spoiler on a California Special trunk. It seems like the hole pattern on the CS spoiler is different that regular GTs. The GT350 spoiler leaves the holes on the edges partially exposed.

JRDfrosty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Hmmmmm. The issue I'm having now is with the regular GT 350 spoiler on a California Special trunk. It seems like the hole pattern on the CS spoiler is different that regular GTs. The GT350 spoiler leaves the holes on the edges partially exposed.

Update on this? Wanting to replace my CS spoiler as well.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Subbed. Looking at replacing '17 cs spoiler with a gt350

Sponsored

JRDfrosty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Subbed. Looking at replacing '17 cs spoiler with a gt350[/QUOTE

So I just replaced my CS Spoiler with the MMD Vseries. No holes show, but there are holes that are uncovered underneath the spoiler you can plug off, but they won’t show. Looks great. Recommend 110%.
023C5692-CACA-431C-8849-82AE249F5D6A.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Based on more recent data

I guess I can add the MMD V series as one poster above

also someone else was able to get the Drake Wicker Bill Style Race Spoiler on a GT/CS and said it covered all existing holes.

I am waiting on info from Drake if the Drake Shelby GT one has same foot print as the Wicker Bill Style, since I want a spoiler not as high as the Wicker Bill or the MMD V series.

I was eyeing the CDC Outlaw one, since it only uses two holes which turn out to be the lower side existing holes on the GT/CS and no need to drill two center horizontal two holes that most spoilers require based off regular GT spoiler holes since the GT/CS has vertical middle holes. But no idea if any GT/CS has converted to an Outlaw, I am thinking its foot print is short of the two top side holes.

I however wonder about the 2019 GT350 one, was that the one OP tried or the track version? the 2019 version has middle section and looks like thick bases and might be long enough to cover all holes? but someone has to take the chance on the $150 ebay version that a lot of people here have been satisfied with.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
why exactly?
Was just helping out on GT/CS alternatives. The issue is the GT/CS is an odd drilled pattern which leaves different hole pattern than the rest of mustangs that come with factory spoilers, the GT/CS unfortunately has two higher up screws on each side and several aftermarket spoilers end up not covering the holes and they are left exposed. Only expensive option is get a spoiler delete trunk and start from scratch or a non GT/CS factory spoiler trunk too use the common pattern, or pay extra to plug it in as nicely as you can. However some have enough foot print on the trunk flat area to extend over the top side holes, thus eliminating any worry of changing spoiler or covering exposed holes outside new spoiler area. Some want something else over the GT/CS spoiler that came on our GT/CS trunks.

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS, 2021 F350 Tremor
Was just helping out on GT/CS alternatives. The issue is the GT/CS is an odd drilled pattern which leaves different hole pattern than the rest of mustangs that come with factory spoilers, the GT/CS unfortunately has two higher up screws on each side and several aftermarket spoilers end up not covering the holes and they are left exposed. Only expensive option is get a spoiler delete trunk and start from scratch or a non GT/CS factory spoiler trunk too use the common pattern, or pay extra to plug it in as nicely as you can. However some have enough foot print on the trunk flat area to extend over the top side holes, thus eliminating any worry of changing spoiler or covering exposed holes outside new spoiler area. Some want something else over the GT/CS spoiler that came on our GT/CS trunks.
Yes. The spoiler I installed covered the 2 odd outer holes

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
That is a GT350 type spoiler which the OP had, and you will see on sites like American Muscle, LMR, etc. with the description of "Does NOT Cover Holes Left by GT/CS Spoilers"

However there are some that seem to mention the warning, but turn out to be short of the holes and some that have a warning, but some are proving it does cover holes such as the MMD V series which does warn "Does NOT Cover Holes Left by GT/CS Spoilers" though.

Last edited:

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
That is a GT350 type spoiler which the OP had, and you will see on sites like American Muscle, LMR, etc. with the description of "Does NOT Cover Holes Left by GT/CS Spoilers"

However there are some that seem to mention the warning, but turn out to be short of the holes and some that have a warning, but some are proving it does cover holes such as the MMD V series which does warn "Does NOT Cover Holes Left by GT/CS Spoilers" though.
What really? How is the GT350 different from the MMD V? I thought it would be the same deal. The spoiler doesn't bolt to all the existing holes from the CS spoiler but at least it would sit over top of them and I just have to plug them
Sponsored