California and LT Headers

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So this question is mainly for those that live in California...

I want to do some LT headers on my 16GT. Yes I know they are illegal...yes I know I should move out of Commiefornia....blah blah blah. Since that isn’t an option those that run them is it worth it? I’m guessing I’ll have to swap them out every other year to pass smog, does anyone do this? Have any of you actually been messed with by the cops? There are several people around me who I know have illegal cars and want to know how they get away with it...
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Theres like a period of time after u go back to stock that the system has to go through to become "ready state" could be couple hundreds-thousand miles. From what I hear in Socal and here in Norcal, cops don't care. Now if your car is obnoxiously loud they make check it out. I don't know anyone with an issue.

I say its not worth it.

OP
OP
Socal Stangman

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Theres like a period of time after u go back to stock that the system has to go through to become "ready state" could be couple hundreds-thousand miles. From what I hear in Socal and here in Norcal, cops don't care. Now if your car is obnoxiously loud they make check it out. I don't know anyone with an issue.

I say its not worth it.
As much as I want to do it, I’m thinking the same, probably not worth the hassle.

OP
OP
Socal Stangman

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can some one delete this please. I didn’t see the California section...

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i can smog all day in reno with my catted LTH. but i dont have visual inspections so that would really be your biggest enemy right there. but if you could find a shop that doesnt really do visuals you prob be good to go but it will always be a gamble and you ultimately risk having to take them off.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

I say its not worth it.

Its not hunderes or thousands of miles. It can be done in under 50 miles if you do it properly.
Sponsored