CAI & tune + Cervini Stalker hood

BlueBullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Lightning Blue
Just wondering if anyone has experience with a CAI / tune combo with a Cervini Stalker hood. Got the new hood with ram air duct on my 2017 GT PP1 after insurance covered accidental damage to the OEM hood (also, because it looks awesome).

I know that CAIs generally have minimal impact with the stock hood, but the ram air duct is a straight shot to the airbox area and I'm thinking a large, open CAI could make a difference. Thinking the JLT / BAMA Rev-X combo kit. The only other engine mod is an MBRP Steet stainless cat-back system, and I'm thinking that together with a tune it could liven things up. Any thoughts on this?

As a side note, if I pull the trigger, I'm thinking of getting an Injen HydroShield or something similar to protect the open filter just in case I have to drive in a downpour. Anyone have experience with this? How big of an issue is water with the ram air hood / open CAI combo?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's plenty of "ram air" effect with the OEM snorkel, especially if you open up the grill area and get a better sealing Velossa tech. The hood thing seems like a reach as there is very little air actually entering from the bottom of the hood compared to the back or the front grill.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The hood thing seems like a reach
Looks like the opening is above the boundary layer. I could be wrong though.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
boundary layer
This is a simple image I found of pressure zones around a vehicle.

The front of the hood is high pressure zone so there would be very little air going on. The grill and the back of the hood by the cowl are low pressure zones where air would go in.

Not saying nothing goes in, but it's hardly what I would call "ram air" in that spot.

Aerodynamics_DragLiftDownforceOverBodyFlow.png

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is a simple image I found of pressure zones around a vehicle.
Thanks for that ! But I was specifically talking about the height were the slower moving air hugging the surface of a car gives way to the faster moving air about the car. I remember reading somewhere it was 2-3 inches above the surface ?
boundlay_nasa.gif

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Just wondering if anyone has experience with a CAI / tune combo with a Cervini Stalker hood. Got the new hood with ram air duct on my 2017 GT PP1 after insurance covered accidental damage to the OEM hood (also, because it looks awesome).

I know that CAIs generally have minimal impact with the stock hood, but the ram air duct is a straight shot to the airbox area and I'm thinking a large, open CAI could make a difference. Thinking the JLT / BAMA Rev-X combo kit. The only other engine mod is an MBRP Steet stainless cat-back system, and I'm thinking that together with a tune it could liven things up. Any thoughts on this?

As a side note, if I pull the trigger, I'm thinking of getting an Injen HydroShield or something similar to protect the open filter just in case I have to drive in a downpour. Anyone have experience with this? How big of an issue is water with the ram air hood / open CAI combo?
Good looking hood and a good design for heat extraction. For cold air intakes check out what we have to offer here at www.lethalperformance.com! https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-ford-mustang-gt/induction/cold-air-intakes-1
Sponsored