Sponsored

buying new 2020 GT Premium roush stage 2 supercharger through dealer worth it?

Soumikcha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Soumik
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, 2 corolla, lexus es 350
Hello guys
Been looking around for a GT supercharged. I know their is alot of supercharged mustang around 35-40k used with low mileage on the market but I am worried about how the driver drove it. Then looking at the new gt manual with roush stage 2 going for 51.5k new with premium package and keeping the warranty. Is it worth the warranty and not having to worry about any risk and pay the 10k extra? I also looked into the new zl1 but they cost around 62k. I do like the look better but cant justify the cost.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would assume that most people that add a supercharger drive the car aggressively. That doesn't mean it is not reliable. A warranty in itself is a good thing.

Hello guys
Been looking around for a GT supercharged. I know their is alot of supercharged mustang around 35-40k used with low mileage on the market but I am worried about how the driver drove it. Then looking at the new gt manual with roush stage 2 going for 51.5k new with premium package and keeping the warranty. Is it worth the warranty and not having to worry about any risk and pay the 10k extra? I also looked into the new zl1 but they cost around 62k. I do like the look better but cant justify the cost.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Found a modded 2017 GT with a vortech supercharger last year with 6,900 miles on it. Put on another 3,000 since. For 51k probably better off jumping into something else tbh. I on the other hand already added cams, pushing around 680rwhp, planning on keeping her and just modding as the years come

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Maybe missed something.
Stage 2 is only tune wheel suspension and body.
It is not supercharged.
Roush will give you a special car but not the performance of a supercharged.
Personally if I was going to buy a Mustang right now and was in the over 50k range, Mach1 no doubts.
No busting Roush but resale will not compare, not even close. You will get a Ford engineered suspension and same horsepower and perceived better manual transmission.
Mach1 will be king for at least 3 years.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Maybe missed something.
Stage 2 is only tune wheel suspension and body. It is not supercharged. Roush will give you a special car but not the performance of a supercharged.
Right John-David. There is a Stage 2 car and a Phase 2 supercharger. The car doesn’t come with the SC. That said it could have been added by the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Soumikcha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Soumik
Vehicle(s)
So the dealer can install a roush supercharger and claim it can increase hp to "750ish". Kit is 8k and 2k for installing it. Doing it through authorize dealer will not vodit the warranty. So they said. I know roush have another package that add appearance and better shocks. This is not that package.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So the dealer can install a roush supercharger and claim it can increase hp to "750ish". Kit is 8k and 2k for installing it. Doing it through authorize dealer will not vodit the warranty. So they said. I know roush have another package that add appearance and better shocks. This is not that package.
OK, so they have a regular GT premium with an added Phase 2 SC with no other Roush mods or parts. What’s the sticker without the SC? Also keep in mind you’re going to need $$$ for suspension and wheel/tire upgrades to handle the addl. power.

OP
OP

Soumikcha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Soumik
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt premium going for about 41k plus the cost of the sc. So for suspension, what kind do I need to get? I thought better towers should be good enough? if not this route, what other options I can look into for other cars?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am assuming the premium GT is without the PP? Stick or auto? If it is a premium without the PP1, then what gearing does it have? Stock or 355?

You won't need much. My only recommendation for a DD and occasional dragstrip use would be the BMR cradle bushing lockout kit and a set of drag radials. The stock suspension is good.

Unless you are going to track it. Then listen to the die hard track guys which mostly don't like the added weight of the blower. Many of them prefer to put their cash into handling and that can get pricey, but I guess you would be buying a PP2 car if that was your intention.

Write down exactly what you are looking for and put a number starting with most important to least important. Then price it from there.

OP
OP

Soumikcha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Soumik
Vehicle(s)
I am assuming the premium GT is without the PP? Stick or auto? If it is a premium without the PP1, then what gearing does it have? Stock or 355?

You won't need much. My only recommendation for a DD and occasional dragstrip use would be the BMR cradle bushing lockout kit and a set of drag radials. The stock suspension is good.

Unless you are going to track it. Then listen to the die hard track guys which mostly don't like the added weight of the blower. Many of them prefer to put their cash into handling and that can get pricey, but I guess you would be buying a PP2 car if that was your intention.

Write down exactly what you are looking for and put a number starting with most important to least important. Then price it from there.
Premium gt without PP and stick with stock gears. Never done track or drag but yes could end up trying out both to see what i am into. def alot of think and go over. But for now mainly will be just DD. What things to do for just DD?

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The non pp gear is 355 along with the poor long gearing of the 18 up mustangs gives you a lot less fun down low for sure. Hated it on the Bullitt and it had 373 gears. I put a blower on it, but my advice is put 456 gears in it. Your DD driving will be a TON more fun and that engine likes to wind out. You will be shocked at the difference that car will make. For sure.

I contacted Zach at Granger Ford who I ordered the Mach I through and asked him about the Ford warranty if the dealership installed the gears. He couldn't think of a reason Ford would deny warranty claims if an authorized Ford dealership installed the gears.

That is the route I would go before a blower.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe missed something.
Stage 2 is only tune wheel suspension and body.
It is not supercharged.
Roush will give you a special car but not the performance of a supercharged.
Personally if I was going to buy a Mustang right now and was in the over 50k range, Mach1 no doubts.
No busting Roush but resale will not compare, not even close. You will get a Ford engineered suspension and same horsepower and perceived better manual transmission.
Mach1 will be king for at least 3 years.
Are you saying this is not a supercharger? https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/422184.html