Buying Ecoboost for the exhaust sounds

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
whats that you say I cant hear you a EB lawn mower just went by LOL
You sure those arnt the dying gasps of your engine model as it ceases to exist in the lineup? :shrug:
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Mmmm idk about similar. I'm pretty sure the new Ford GT sounds noticably better than our EB stangs. ;)
Not what I was referring to. That's not a realistic example to go in the Mustang. Of course the GT sounds good. The exhaust system on that car is probably $5k or more. Plus the GT is ridiculously expensive.

I was talking about the 3.5 EB found in the F-150. Hear that on the street. :cheers:

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
The 3.5 EB found in the Taurus SHO sounds decent, if Ford did put it in the S550 it wouldn't take make much for them to make it sound good. At least they wouldn't need to rely on speakers to make it sound sporty.

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
A lot of you guys must have small... lol Who cares

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Think about what they had in 1988;

2.3L SOHC I-4 Inter-cooled turbo motor, 190HP.
5SPD MT.
Adjustable shocks.
4-wheel ABS/disc brakes.
LSD.
A bad-ass cassette stereo with an EQUALIZER
Sun roof.

C&D's Car Of The Year in 1988. The car that was tested by C&D is in Livonia Michigan, at Roush's facility, on display.
For the love of god this is what is driving me away from the mustang. I want a sunroof so badly, I'm looking at challengers right now actually.

Oh, and the EB sounds dreadful. Coming from a MS3 which sounded absolutely amazing with a downpipe and CP-e Triton exhaust, the EB is like a squeaky wet fart. I don't much like the Coyote sound either tbh, too much rasp for me. I liked the old boat in the water 4V 4.6 on my 2003 Cobra, that burble when you're decelerating was pure bliss.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Serious question here, anyone bought the ecoboost because they liked the sound of an inline 4/turbo noises? I know many of us love the V8 rumble but I was checking to see if this was the same for the ecoboost guys.
I did not care about how it sounded... I was more concerned with other things.

I guess the other part is that I came from a Honda Accord so I did not know the "mustang" culture of "how loud can I get it". I quickly learned... and fought about it after a lot of meets (the jokes, the jokes!!!!).

Now I'm okay... I get more "turbo" sounds with the GT350 intake and a little muffler (magnaflows). Sounds great to me and the people who have commented on it.

Wish I'd went more for "turbo sound" at the beginning... sounds cool...

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
If Ford put the 3.5 EB I'd like it. My avatar would be reversed if they did so. As it stands, it's pretty accurate.
OMFG that statement make perfect sense about why you picked a real, working animal for the ecoboost and a fairy horse that doesn't exist and craps rainbows for the 5.0 :lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored