Sponsored

Buying Ecoboost for the exhaust sounds

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Serious question here, anyone bought the ecoboost because they liked the sound of an inline 4/turbo noises? I know many of us love the V8 rumble but I was checking to see if this was the same for the ecoboost guys.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
To be honest, stock the turbo is BARELY audible. I have to be blocked on both sides while driving to catch even the faintest turbo noise, kinda disappointing. As far as exhaust...what exhaust noise? lol

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

LOL

The ecoboost sounds better than the GT. The V6 sounds better than the GT

/thread

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Ha, well, maybe someone has. Most dislike it if reading thousands of posts here is any indication. I'm actually pretty happy with my stock sound after the FP tune removed all the fake stuff. Exhaust sound on the EB is not a reason to buy or not buy for me. Gotta find some better looking tips though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There has got to be someone. That was raised on a steady diet of 4 banger turbo cars like the WRX, EVO, ETC that likes the sound. And guy coming straight from Camrys, Accords, Etc should love the stock GT exhaust sound.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Stock turbo ecoboost sounds like ass, no matter the exhaust you put on it. Big turbo sounds properly good for a turbo four. That headifold design plus twin scroll does not make for a nice sound. Plenty of I4s that can sound good, but this isn't one of them. Same with the Focus RS.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Turbo noises make me :)

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Worst exhaust sound EVER. I bought my EB despite the pitiful exhaust tone. In fact I've done what I can to make it flow as good as possible but mute it as much too.

Currently though I think the AWE Touring sounds really nice. Unfortunately I cannot fit the EB axle back because I have a GT rear section. And the GT Touring axle back is constructed differently so it probably has a completely different sound.

However, exhaust tone aside, this is absolutely the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned. I hear the turbo whistle, which is much more noticeable after the TS2 upgrade, and the fake intake noise inside, and it enhances MY driving experience, and that's all I care about. But, it certainly doesn't sound great from the outside.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
As far as turbo 4's go the ecoboost is one of the saddest sounds. Fiat Abarth sounds good. Focus RS sounds good. Mazdaspeed3 and focus ST sound good.

Mustang... just not the same. but hey, who cares! With stock exhaust you only ever hear the fake sound through the speakers. They should've gave you the option to change what sound gets played through the speakers.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
This is my 4th turbo 4banger. If I wanted a GT I would have bought a GT

Stock turbo ecoboost sounds like ass, no matter the exhaust you put on it.
yup, there's a reason why there's soooo much sound deadening and that active noise canceling. A cold air intake, tune and exhaust help take care of most of that

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

As far as turbo 4's go the ecoboost is one of the saddest sounds. Fiat Abarth sounds good. Focus RS sounds good. Mazdaspeed3 and focus ST sound good.

Mustang... just not the same. but hey, who cares! With stock exhaust you only ever hear the fake sound through the speakers. They should've gave you the option to change what sound gets played through the speakers.
Some of the issue isn't the car, it's the person. When somebody has grown up around v8s their whole life, of course they are going to think it sounds bad. Because it's firing on half the cylinders you're used to hearing.

Granted, if I had to choose, I'd rather have something fast than something that just sounds good. The manifold is built for performance at the expense of a great sounding car. But the car doesn't sound that bad. People are blowing it way out of proportion.

I've received a lot of compliments on my boost. I'm not stock by any means, but a MBRP exhaust makes the boost sound good.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This is my 4th turbo 4banger. If I wanted a GT I would have bought a GT
Told ya there would be a guy raised on a steady diet of 4 bangers.;)

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
If an EB sounded like a boxer engine, I would've regretted not getting the EB. Not like the V6 is that much better but its not quite bad.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
If an EB sounded like a boxer engine, I would've regretted not getting the EB. Not like the V6 is that much better but its not quite bad.
I've heard some aftermarket exhausts for the V6 that sound amazing! The V6 does sound that much better actually, LOL.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Told ya there would be a guy raised on a steady diet of 4 bangers.;)
Close, but not quite. Have had many 8v over the years. I like them for the sleeper factor. That and I just like beating all my friends in their +500 hp V8 cars in a 4 banger cause they can't drive.
:dnftt:
Sponsored