Buying a GT350 or 24'GT-DH

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If your going to attempt to use some one else’s post atleast do it accurately. What I stated from my conversation with the head of Ford Performance was they were doing hand built motors like Porsche but with a Ford supply chain. At no point was it stated or insinuated that Ford was attempting to build a better engine then Ferarri. Now that that is out of the way, it’s very apparent you have a hater hardon toward the voodoo for some reason. You can attempt to trash the platform all you want but your ignorance comes through in spades. Ford produced a car that was/is a spectacular drivers car. That was done at a fraction of what the 350 has been compared to. We’re basically talking about a 60k msrp car. That’s undeniable. No one has the failure rate of voodoo’s, nor do we with coyote’s, or any other platform for that matter. You do realize that the voodoo had/has such a negative connotation that GM went out and did it as well for the C8. I’m glad you like your Gt, there great cars and I have one to, but there not a 350. There not mesnt to be, and that’s ok. I was so worried about the voodoo I fi’d one I had at 1000 miles under warranty and spun it up. One thing I will give you is you are spot on with the salvage cars going out of the US to europe. When I was building cars I had a list of buyers from europe looking for certain cars that I’d come across. That’s a real concern and well pointed out by you for your part of the world. That said to, I would much rather have a well vetted 350 then a darkhorse. But if I couldn’t do that, I’d buy a new darkhorse over there new and with a warranty.

I'm tracking mine and maintain it regularly. 2017 with over 500 laps. Mods in signature stock power keeping up with 700 whp M2/M4's. So yeah it's a nice Cars and Coffee car:

But my point is that the Voodoo as mentioned is ultimately flawed. Ford thought they could build better engine than Ferrari but as someone mentioned they did that with Ford supply chain and not with Ferrari's. Ultimately what that lead to is the FPC engine has more vibration than it should have even with all the vibration dumpers Ford put in. We all know for the first gen cars rattling so much that the oil filter got unscrew on the highways. I'm sure that the newer model voodoo's are better but overall the engine is a ticking bomb. Regarding OP's topic there is no difference if you will buy warranted car or not in Europe the dealers here are clueless how to maintain a Mustang they are better with Fiesta's than Mustang's. However most of our second hand stock is former copart cars as seen by OP's post with that in mind is better to buy new just because you don't have to deal with whatever issues the car had before getting onto copart and ultimately across the ocean. However the EU spec Dark Horse is 449 hp only so getting a GT350 might be better if you can find one not been on copart first.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
You do realize that you are talking to somone with an agenda… he will never see your point of view, and will continue to bash the Shelby. This ALWAYS happens from non GT350 owners… I have never bashed a GT owner or an EcoBoost owner… I respect their vehicles.
This person does not not have the same respect for fellow Mustang owners.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If your going to attempt to use some one else’s post atleast do it accurately. What I stated from my conversation with the head of Ford Performance was they were doing hand built motors like Porsche but with a Ford supply chain. At no point was it stated or insinuated that Ford was attempting to build a better engine then Ferarri. Now that that is out of the way, it’s very apparent you have a hater hardon toward the voodoo for some reason.
Ford build the GT350 engine benchmarking against the Ferrari 458 Italia V8 (the last N/A V8 in Ferrari history), so yeah they did try to make a better (larger displacement) FPC Ferrari engine. And yes they did manage to make more of them last but as the post over yours showed the Coyote is simple more reliable than Voodoo. This is my only point. Not bashing the platform at all just stating the Voodoo's are less reliable than Coyote's but we can safely argue that one is up to 7500 rpm and the other up to 8250 rpm so the more rpm may be contributing to the lesser reliability.

I do like the GT350 platform and I'm sorry if in my posts it comes like I didn't like them. The Voodoo is amazing engine the sound is intoxicating, the chassis of the GT350 is much better than the GT's chassis which is why Mach 1/DH use the GT350/GT500 chassis and not the GT's.

I'm just stating that in Europe buying a GT350 is a very dangerous endeavour more dangerous than buying an EU car. I have a lot of friends who import cars from USA and as I said they are all copart cars. Some of them are good (small impacts) some of them were underwater. So it really is a gamble. Which is why if I were OP i would have buy a Mach 1 because the EU spec DH will have less hp than Mach 1.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize that you are talking to a complete Twat Waffle with an agenda… he will never see your point of view, and will continue to bash the Shelby. This ALWAYS happens from non GT350 owners… I have never bashed a GT owner or an EcoBoost owner… I respect their vehicles.
This Twat Waffle does not not have the same respect for fellow Mustang owners..
You do realise you never been on track right ? So you don't know how reliable a car is on track. Also stop been an asshole.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
You are so focused on track driving as if you can’t drive the car hard on the street, I do. I had a 21 GT A10 which I liked but when I had the chance to buy my 2017 GT350 with 4,600 miles I jumped on it. The cars are vastly different if you ask me in all aspects. I’ve read they made roughly 23,000 350’s in years 2015-2020 as opposed to about 180,000 GT’s in the same time period. So performance and long term value are significant. As far as engines blowing, so be it, if mine blows I’ll replace it without hesitation regardless of cost. So far mine has burned zero oil, track or not. At the end of the day it’s a GT350……

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
As often seems to happen, this has turned into a is-the-GT350-worth-the-risk debate. Would love to hear more 350 owner thoughts on the DH.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I haven’t given the Dark Horse any thought. I love my GT350 and plan to keep it until they take my drivers license away, then I’ll give it to my son. I have no opinion good or bad on the DH, nor would I criticize someone who buys one. I respect everyone’s decision to purchase what they like, not what I like.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are so focused on track driving as if you can’t drive the car hard on the street, I do.
You run 1.6G of braking and 1.3G of cornering on the street ? With speeds over 100 mph ? I would love to see a video of that drive I guess so will the state police.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, I’m being respectful with my comments on the other hand you seem hell bent on trying to show everyone how smart you think you are. Please just go away, you add nothing to the conversation.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, I’m being respectful with my comments on the other hand you seem hell bent on trying to show everyone how smart you think you are. Please just go away, you add nothing to the conversation.
Your statement was obviously wrong. I did added to the conversation that a GT350 in Europe is most likely crashed before got into Europe. You are basically stating things that are purely false.

I don't mind that you like your GT350 that's great for you but saying you run it as hard on the street is non sense. Enjoy your car hope it last is my point. I have a lot of friends who run there GT350's on the track and they run into different problems one if them even sold his 350 for a DH just to avoid dealing with another blown motor. Surely this could be 1 example but is adding to the discussion why a DH could be better option (obviously this discussion is irrelevant for an EU car).

On paper GT350 imported is the best N/A Mustang you can buy in Europe there is nothing that is matching the chassis/HP of a GT350/Voodoo engine. Just make sure to import it yourself or at least know the history of the car this was the only thing I wanted to point out. Obviously if the Engine brake you are in for a party because now not only you need to find a Voodoo engine across the pond you need to import it find someone to install it without braking it and then register it. This is much harder to be done in Europe. While for an EU spec car you can buy engine from the closest Ford Dealer.

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said I drive my car hard on street, never said it replicated track driving. That’s my last comment to you, I wasn’t captain of my high school debate team.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I said I drive my car hard on street, never said it replicated track driving. That’s my last comment to you, I wasn’t captain of my high school debate team.
You can't drive a car as hard on the street as you can on a road corse. That's my whole point for 3 pages of comments. I guess if you never driven hard on track there is no way to know but yeah.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
This morning I tolk with an importer, He have brougth 6-7 GT350 to Spain and never had a corrosion issue or engine issue. In his words if the engine is properly maintained and the driver does not abuse it on track, it is an engine that does not usually give problems.

He recommended painting and polishing the hood, rather than trying to get a new one.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My take would be the DH from a reliability standpoint, especially if it will be tracked. I don't believe we'll ever see any real data regarding the gen 2 Voodoo being any more reliable. I've personally seen more of them let go than gen 1 engines. I also lost my gen 1 engine, not under warranty.

Unless you really want the subjective little extra bit of fun that comes with the Voodoo, it just isn't worth giving up the reliability of the Coyote motors. I don't expect the gen 4 Coyote to be any different.
What did you do to correct? Rebuild, pony up for a new engine, etc.?
Sponsored