bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If he doesn't track it, then the engine isn't reliable? I'm not sure you have causality nailed down there.
I'm saying that if he goes to the store with it never revving it past the 7000 rpm line it's easier for any engine to be more reliable. My example was with a GT350 that spends it's life on the race track so were the examples with the Ford Performance Racing School cars. It's easier for the engine to be reliable when it's not stressed. I also agree that good maintenance is key to extending the life of the engine.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm saying that if he goes to the store with it never revving it past the 7000 rpm line it's easier for any engine to be more reliable. My example was with a GT350 that spends it's life on the race track so were the examples with the Ford Performance Racing School cars. It's easier for the engine to be reliable when it's not stressed. I also agree that good maintenance is key to extending the life of the engine.
Yes, I agree - when engines are run hard they have shorter lives.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Yes, I agree - when engines are run hard they have shorter lives.
Imagine if Formula 1, Indy Car, Nascar, IMSA, NHRA, etc. had this knowledge.... they could save so much money.
F1 engines last 7-8 races, NASCAR rebuilds theirs after every race.
If bnightstar could educate them, he could change racing as we know it.

FUTURE PISSED OFF REPLY DISCLAIMER
This is all in fun Hristofor, it's only a forum my friend.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine if Formula 1, Indy Car, Nascar, IMSA, NHRA, etc. had this knowledge.... they could save so much money.
F1 engines last 7-8 races, NASCAR rebuilds theirs after every race.
If bnightstar could educate them, he could change racing as we know it.
I do watch F1 since I was 6 years old not the fake racing you guys have :)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I do watch F1 since I was 6 years old not the fake racing you guys have :)
F1 used to be really cool when they had good engines. It's still interesting engineering, but not nearly as fun to watch/listen. Likewise, to me NASCAR was a lot better when they were based on actual production cars and engines.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
F1 used to be really cool when they had good engines. It's still interesting engineering, but not nearly as fun to watch/listen. Likewise, to me NASCAR was a lot better when they were based on actual production cars and engines.
That is true the new mixers era is really annoying to watch combined with the fact that the rules are made so only 1 team could dominate in an era.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
You still didn't answer my question did you ever put your reliable engine on a race track. My educated guess is no. Obviously been a jerk doesn't excuse you from claiming that something is reliable when you never put it through it's paces.
Haha I’m at 37k miles and I’ve had mine on a track several times. Gen 1 voodoo. How’s your cars and coffee mustang treating you?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I’m at 37k miles and I’ve had mine on a track several times. Gen 1 voodoo. How’s your cars and coffee mustang treating you?
I'm tracking mine and maintain it regularly. 2017 with over 500 laps. Mods in signature stock power keeping up with 700 whp M2/M4's. So yeah it's a nice Cars and Coffee car:

But my point is that the Voodoo as mentioned is ultimately flawed. Ford thought they could build better engine than Ferrari but as someone mentioned they did that with Ford supply chain and not with Ferrari's. Ultimately what that lead to is the FPC engine has more vibration than it should have even with all the vibration dumpers Ford put in. We all know for the first gen cars rattling so much that the oil filter got unscrew on the highways. I'm sure that the newer model voodoo's are better but overall the engine is a ticking bomb. Regarding OP's topic there is no difference if you will buy warranted car or not in Europe the dealers here are clueless how to maintain a Mustang they are better with Fiesta's than Mustang's. However most of our second hand stock is former copart cars as seen by OP's post with that in mind is better to buy new just because you don't have to deal with whatever issues the car had before getting onto copart and ultimately across the ocean. However the EU spec Dark Horse is 449 hp only so getting a GT350 might be better if you can find one not been on copart first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
. However most of our second hand stock is former copart cars as seen by OP's post with that in mind is better to buy new just because you don't have to deal with whatever issues the car had before getting onto copart and ultimately across the ocean. However the EU spec Dark Horse is 449 hp only so getting a GT350 might be better if you can find one not been on copart first.
What the hell is "copart"? Auctions and sinister vehicles? Why do you think this car is one of these?

Accord to Ford Spain the international warranty corrosion is 2 years:
https://www.ford.es/soporte/guias/buscando/garantia.internacional

And please, stop discussions.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What the hell is "copart"? Auctions and sinister vehicles? Why do you think this car is one of these?

Accord to Ford Spain the international warranty corrosion is 2 years:
https://www.ford.es/soporte/guias/buscando/garantia.internacional

And please, stop discussions.
copart.com because most cars imported from States are bought salvage or hit and then fixed and sold for profit. Otherwise there is no way you can import a car pay the technical test, import tax, transport etc and make a profit. As I said I strongly suggest take a good look into the carfax of the car. Besides that 2016 international warranty from Ford is 2 years so it would have passed in 2018 provided the car was registered in 2016. When I was buying my Mustang in Europe (Bulgaria) I looked a lot of adds from Germany before settling of a new of the lot EU spec Mustang. As I said if I were you I would have looked into EU Spec Mach 1 plenty of cars in Germany and they are sitting on lots so are cheap and new or at least are cheaper than 60 000 euro.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
copart.com because most cars imported from States are bought salvage or hit and then fixed and sold for profit. Otherwise there is no way you can import a car pay the technical test, import tax, transport etc and make a profit. As I said I strongly suggest take a good look into the carfax of the car. Besides that 2016 international warranty from Ford is 2 years so it would have passed in 2018 provided the car was registered in 2016. When I was buying my Mustang in Europe (Bulgaria) I looked a lot of adds from Germany before settling of a new of the lot EU spec Mustang. As I said if I were you I would have looked into EU Spec Mach 1 plenty of cars in Germany and they are sitting on lots so are cheap and new or at least are cheaper than 60 000 euro.
For my Job I have access to trafic system, and the info the seller gave me is true. A finland client who recently has came To Spain, registered here the past november. Before this I have no info, I take your advice about carfax, I’ll do it.

Now im asking about warranty and the possibilities to change the hood (paying), also mantinaince here.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For my Job I have access to trafic system, and the info the seller gave me is true. A finland client who recently has came To Spain, registered here the past november. Before this I have no info, I take your advice about carfax, I’ll do it.

Now im asking about warranty and the possibilities to change the hood (paying), also mantinaince here.
If the warranty has expired (I’ll rely on you folks overseas for the warranty period for international cars), you’ll need to source a new hood. Having that hood repainted won’t fix the issue as the issue is the aluminum itself.

Not sure how easy it would be to find an OEM GT350 hood overseas so you might need to find an aftermarket hood. Your Ford dealer may or may not be able to help with an OEM hood, I just don’t know how all that works for a car that was never sold in your country.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
My take would be the DH from a reliability standpoint, especially if it will be tracked. I don't believe we'll ever see any real data regarding the gen 2 Voodoo being any more reliable. I've personally seen more of them let go than gen 1 engines. I also lost my gen 1 engine, not under warranty.

Unless you really want the subjective little extra bit of fun that comes with the Voodoo, it just isn't worth giving up the reliability of the Coyote motors. I don't expect the gen 4 Coyote to be any different.
Sponsored