Sponsored

Buying a 2017 GT350R

porterror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey! Really wanted a 2019 GT350R with upgraded block, but looks to be priced outside my range right now. Found a decently priced 2017 with around 14k miles on it. Anything I should be looking out for? Most concerned about owners comments on oil usage (6 quarts over 4,000 miles). Would this be covered under any engine replacement warranty still? Also, anything else to look out for or options that the 2017 should have?
Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Hey! Really wanted a 2019 GT350R with upgraded block, but looks to be priced outside my range right now. Found a decently priced 2017 with around 14k miles on it. Anything I should be looking out for? Most concerned about owners comments on oil usage (6 quarts over 4,000 miles). Would this be covered under any engine replacement warranty still? Also, anything else to look out for or options that the 2017 should have?
Does it have any extended warranty? I wanted a 2017 R but it had been 43 months since warranty began so I wasn’t able to purchase a plan at a reasonable cost which lead me to 2018’s.

OP
OP

porterror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it have any extended warranty? I wanted a 2017 R but it had been 43 months since warranty began so I wasn’t able to purchase a plan at a reasonable cost which lead me to 2018’s.
I has its 5 year powertrain still left. NO extended warranty.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I has its 5 year powertrain still left. NO extended warranty.
Gotcha! so 5 year would maybe put you around 2 years left on the Powertrain warranty? Are you planning to keep it awhile? Track it?

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I would not worry about. I don't think 6 quarts over 4000 miles is much. I've had cars that consume way more. I also have a 2017 GT350 and I did not purchase an extended warranty and I'm not worried about it. Every car made is not going to have the engine blow. Enjoy the car and don't worry.

Sponsored

OP
OP

porterror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the most familiar with why the oil consumption is high. is it bore scoring issues? are the cylinders lined or is the scoring directly on the engine block? Also, what is cost of engine replacement out of warranty? Thanks!

OP
OP

porterror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha! so 5 year would maybe put you around 2 years left on the Powertrain warranty? Are you planning to keep it awhile? Track it?
Probably going to be a garage queen during the winters, then weekend driver rest of season. Would really like to own it long term.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I would not worry about. I don't think 6 quarts over 4000 miles is much. I've had cars that consume way more. I also have a 2017 GT350 and I did not purchase an extended warranty and I'm not worried about it. Every car made is not going to have the engine blow. Enjoy the car and don't worry.
+1
Sponsored