Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My legit take?

Awesome, the vehicle continues to improve, that will [hopefully] continue with big sales keeping the car alive.

I'd also *hope* that every year the car gets better, it's not much different with any kind of product.

Looks like there's some MY18+ components that might be portable over to us 15-17 owners, cool.

I've had a fantastic 2 years with my MY16 car, no regrets!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I don't like the front end really. Some colors do look a lot better though than others. I am interested in the 10spd as all the driving in traffic is starting to put some wear and tear on my already bad knees. I will wait until at least the 19s are coming in and stock builds up so they aren't trying to price gauge.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"Butt Hurt" doesn't really apply in this case, unless there are owners of '15-'17 S550s who actually thought the car would never get a significant HP bump. If Ford didn't make improvements, people would simply hang onto their cars longer.....a LOT of people upgrade nearly new cars over such things......Ford isn't stupid.

Years ago, I had a co-worker that was eyeing a vert mustang. This was the end of the 2010 model year and I told them to wait for the '11 because it was going to have much more power.......this particular person could not have cared less. They were getting a good deal on a lame-duck 2010 car and to be honest, the car was beautiful, sounded mean (I still prefer the sound of the 4.6 over the Coyote) and they got a screaming deal.......everything is relative.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm more annoyed with all these shops and distributors who can't seem to be able to post a complete Dyno. :frusty:

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
The 2018 is just that it's a 2018 with all new features and it's quite different from the 2015-2017 's. in a lot of ways.

I like the front end it makes the car look wider and lower. Most people will get used to it and will accept it. I traded my Ruby Red 2015 GT Premium with 26,000 miles and never had a problem with it. The Auto sounds interesting but I am a hard core Stick Shift Guy and the MT82 has had some serious upgrades.
I do like the upgraded engine, the active exhaust, Magnetic ride, The dash, The interior, and the Forged 19" Aluminum Wheels.

I do not like the new engine cover period. Most of the Wheel choices, and the rear spoilers. Aside from that I think I will enjoy rowing through the gears around town and I live at the beach in North Carolina so hopefully I'll be able to drive my 18 all year.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Is the cure for butt hurt 15 owners to order the catfish?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I'll admit that I was a little BH at first. Then I reminded myself that my car runs 9s as a full weight street car on just some Octane booster. Will be mid to low 9s soon on race gas. Not really worried about Power but I am still jealous of the 10 speed auto. I will be SERIOUSLY BH if/when these 2018s with FI start running 9s on pump gas.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Im 6 months from trading my 15 on a Grand sport C7 Couldn't be happier

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I'm very satisfied with the '15-'17 style. I really don't like the front end look of the MY 18 no matter how I look at it.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really like the PP2 rims (other than they are too narrow). I'm a little jealous as I think they are much better style wise than what Ford decided to put on my car.

Also the new multiple setting active exhaust with quiet mode sounds awesome. My car is a little too loud on cold start up.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Not butt hurt but after seeing the recent videos of the 10spd automatic, I'm a little jelly. If and when this "tremor package" or PP2 is available on 10spd auto, I'd be completely engaged in possibly getting one.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I'm very satisfied with the '15-'17 style. I really don't like the front end look of the MY 18 no matter how I look at it.
Have to agree with you on this.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm happy there's a price increase with the 2018's. It keeps my 2016's resale value higher.

If you want 2018 power, invest in the Power Pack 3.

still looking for 2016 Camaro SS to compare on a twisty road as I continue these BMR & Steeda suspension upgrades to compete with any other Beast out there.
Next time your in San Antonio, rent a Camaro SS from Avis so you can compare. :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'm not even considering swapping out my '16 for quite a while. I am extremely happy and can't wait to add long tubes to the mix. I do love those threads though and get a kick out of playing devils advocate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.