Sponsored

BULLITT

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Can anyone confirm if the Australian Bullitt allocation of 700 vehicles is all we are getting or is that for 2019 and more will be coming in 2020 as there is a 2 year production run?
The 700 are MY 2019 only.

I asked Ford Australia via Facebook whether we would get a MY 2020 batch. Either they don't know, or they won't say. The dealer network are in the dark too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've decided not to proceed with my Bullitt order and let it go to the "waiting list". Dealer doesn't have any objection and I get my $2K deposit back in full.

I've been a bit quiet on the Forums lately.

We had a bad accident in our Territory in mid-October. Just got back from Philippines late at night into the bad weather, picked up the car from Park N Fly and ended up on Botany Road. Got T-Boned and then spun around hitting another car waiting at the lights.

Car is a write-off but it did its job and protected us, everyone walked away (from all 3 cars) and injuries were minor.

We've decided to go back to 2 cars which means a manual Bullitt is not a practical family car - we need 7-seats.

So I've decided on a Volvo XC90 R-Design.

Current Mustang is up for sale but will most likely be traded. I'm taking the wheels and exhaust off it and some smaller items but will leave the Shockworks package on it.

I'm very comfortable with the decision - I'm sort of over the muscle-car thing; funny how a bad experience can change your perspective. I've had a V8 Ford since 1992 and never had a dud but time to move on.

Still looking forward to hearing the reviews once you guys start taking delivery of your Bullitts!

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I've decided not to proceed with my Bullitt order and let it go to the "waiting list". Dealer doesn't have any objection and I get my $2K deposit back in full.

We had a bad accident in our Territory in mid-October. Just got back from Philippines late at night into the bad weather, picked up the car from Park N Fly and ended up on Botany Road. Got T-Boned and then spun around hitting another car waiting at the lights.

Car is a write-off but it did its job and protected us, everyone walked away (from all 3 cars) and injuries were minor.

We've decided to go back to 2 cars which means a manual Bullitt is not a practical family car - we need 7-seats.

Current Mustang is up for sale but will most likely be traded. I'm taking the wheels and exhaust off it and some smaller items but will leave the Shockworks package on it.

I'm very comfortable with the decision - I'm sort of over the muscle-car thing; funny how a bad experience can change your perspective. I've had a V8 Ford since 1992 and never had a dud but time to move on.

Still looking forward to hearing the reviews once you guys start taking delivery of your Bullitts!
Health and family come first.
All the best with Volvo - sounds nice.

Rooster69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Health and family come first.
All the best with Volvo - sounds nice.
Hi mate ...which dealer if you dont mind me asking ....my BNE dealer dudded me earlier this year on a Bullitt ......I might see if I can reach out to them.

JGS393

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Goss Special

Glad to hear you and family are ok. Good on you for not trying to make a quick buck by selling your Bullitt for a hugely inflated price (like I've seen some do). You are obviously a man of integrity.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi mate ...which dealer if you dont mind me asking ....my BNE dealer dudded me earlier this year on a Bullitt ......I might see if I can reach out to them.
I'd rather not because it would be a waste of time for you. He has kept this within his customer base and he has more hands up than he has cars. Me pulling out has made someone else very happy.

Funny thing is just after sales guy and me spoke last week I got an email from Ford Australia telling me "my" Bullitt had been built!! It would have been a January or February 2019 delivery. I did have a little pang of remorse but that didn't last long.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you and family are ok. Good on you for not trying to make a quick buck by selling your Bullitt for a hugely inflated price (like I've seen some do). You are obviously a man of integrity.
Thanks for the kind words. Never even thought of doing that now that you mention it, but I do know that goes on. The contract price was $82.7K, standard seats and car cover. I'd prefer the car goes to someone else from Hammo's customer base at a fair price - a lot of us know each other and some missed out from the first round of allocations but as there are always a few dropouts at least some will get a nice surprise.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Hey guys,

So I’ve been told by ford via email my new car is on a boat how would one track the boat cause clearly the way I tracked my last car was easy now it’s all changed well so it seems.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Hey guys,

So I’ve been told by ford via email my new car is on a boat how would one track the boat cause clearly the way I tracked my last car was easy now it’s all changed well so it seems.
Do you have the name of the boat?
it will be one of the fleet from Wallenius Wilhelmsen and leaving from Baltimore

Daved_XB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1978 RS Camaro, 1975 XB Coupe, 1972 Challenger R/T, 1969 GTO
I swung past my Ford Dealer today (Westpoint Ford) & got an update on my Bullitt... I had been told that the expected delivery date was the 5th of Jan 2019, but now that date has moved to be the 15th of December this year... so very happy to see the date pulled in by almost a month.

Also he told me that they had just received a Bullitt today into their pre-delivery warehouse, so someone in the West of Melb (I'm assuming giving the dealer location) is getting theirs by mid next week it seems.. I might try & pop past on Wednesday & hope that I can get to see it in the metal.

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I swung past my Ford Dealer today (Westpoint Ford) & got an update on my Bullitt... I had been told that the expected delivery date was the 5th of Jan 2019, but now that date has moved to be the 15th of December this year... so very happy to see the date pulled in by almost a month.

Also he told me that they had just received a Bullitt today into their pre-delivery warehouse, so someone in the West of Melb (I'm assuming giving the dealer location) is getting theirs by mid next week it seems.. I might try & pop past on Wednesday & hope that I can get to see it in the metal.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
It would be worth the extra trip
If you haven't seen one in the flesh yet, they look better than all the photos

Enjoy!

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Do you have the name of the boat?
it will be one of the fleet from Wallenius Wilhelmsen and leaving from Baltimore
No boat mentioned I’ve been through the process in 2016 with my current GT.

Called my dealer told me the wrong boat it’s like FFS
Sponsored