Sponsored

BULLITT SHORT SHIFT

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Somewhere at the back of my mind I seem to recall reading that the 2019 Bullitt would come with a short shift to go with the manual gearbox and white shift knob. Was I dreaming or does it have a short shift. Certainly my shift is VERY tight and quite short?
Sponsored

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Somewhere at the back of my mind I seem to recall reading that the 2019 Bullitt would come with a short shift to go with the manual gearbox and white shift knob. Was I dreaming or does it have a short shift. Certainly my shift is VERY tight and quite short?
So people call me crazy but I test drove a base m6 and a Bullitt before buying it. The base GT m6 seemed sloppy and longer throws while the Bullitt had shorter throws.....people on facebook surely called me crazy :D or maybe I am crazy MUAHAHAHAHA

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wondering this too. The clutch peddle is long & the shift feels long too so maybe their matched?

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I wouldn’t say the shift is quite short but it is tighter than what I see people showing on YouTube with their GT’s. Regardless I’m actually installing an mgw today.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn’t say the shift is quite short but it is tighter than what I see people showing on YouTube with their GT’s. Regardless I’m actually installing an mgw today.
Will be really interested to hear how it works & feels. Is it a full kit replacement or just a shorter gear lever? Thanks

Sponsored

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It’s the full replacement of the stock gear shift assembly. It’s a trans mounted short throw shifter instead of body mounted like the stock unit is. I elected for the race spec model with normal height handle and it’s definitely shorter throws and lower height than stock. I did the race spec instead of the x spec because it’s not as harmful to the synchros as the x spec would be. X-spec has shorter throws and height. Shifting Is very short and direct as well. Vibration is more present since it’s transmission mounted, but It doesn’t bother me. I love it. Took me about 4 hours to complete the install on jack stands using mgw’s YouTube install video. I do have to adjust the 1-2 shift gate because it’s locking me out of 2nd gear at times but other than that I highly recommend it. This is how the stock shifter should have felt. It’s like driving a different car. It’s that drastic of a change for me.

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just finished adjusting the 1/2 gate pin. Shifts are now awesome. No more lockout at high rev or downshift like I was getting yesterday into second gear. I can’t recommend the mgw shifter enough. It’s worth it’s price. And the customer service is stellar. They respond quickly.
Sponsored