Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well here's a slightly interesting piece of news. Ford isn't doing a press conference at the New York Auto Show (only Lincoln for the new Navigator), which means no big reveal of a GT500 or radically improved model from Ford. Makes sense since the consensus seems to be that a GT500 won't be coming for a while still. SO, to me this opens up the possibility of a Bullitt being revealed there. Probably not worthy of a big press conference reveal since it would probably be mostly the same 18 GT, just with a few tweaks. They could do a reveal online and then have it on display in New York in a low key way. Still think the LA Auto Show in November is more likely but who knows.
Press conference schedule for NY: http://www.autoshowny.com/press/#/press-conferences
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I live in hope, but....

I refuse to get my hopes up, Matt :eek:

Does anyone know.....I know there was a bit of a "video" launch of the '08 Bullitt, but was this before, after or at the same time as a reveal at a show?

My thinking.....given online reveals are pretty popular now, an online reveal on the streets of San Francisco would be an option :)

[ame]

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope. The ones I posted seemed to be the best quality of a poor bunch. And, trust me, I was searchin' :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So, take this with a large grain of salt but I got a message recently from someone that thinks they might have seen a 2018 Bullitt on the road. They said they were in a deserted part of the Bronx in NYC when they saw what looked like a Bullitt going down a side street, in front of a "forgotten" museum. They said it was loud, looked harsh and aggressive and he was really impressed with it. I guess it happened pretty quick and he wasn't able to get pictures. He's seen the "leaked" pictures from the Rock's video and I guess this matched up to that, which is why he said he's "almost 100 percent sure" it was the Bullitt.

To me, it sounds like it could be a promo shoot if there was a bit of a set there with the "forgotten" museum, not really sure what that means. Obviously a Bullitt promo shoot should only take place in San Francisco but maybe they shot a few additional things in NYC if they plan to debut it next week at the NY Auto Show. The other option is it could be the new GT500 since he said it looked harsh and aggressive. Ford has no press conference scheduled so I doubt they'll debut either of these there. Who knows.

Grasping at straws again. :p

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The trail has certainly gone cold :-) That said, I am still wanting one, although as I've had time to think about it more, I am going to be watching the price and feature content closely. If it gets too option-laden, I might be less enthused. Also, like others have discussed in other threads, there is that big question of the DI/FI system and it's initial quality and reliability on the V8. I liked the induction system and tuning tweaks being modest on the other versions. Also, too much super duper handling tech and super duper Michelin tires makes it too "tracky" for me. I've easily give that up for an exhaust sound reminds me of the movie car.

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I hear you Tony. Conceptually, there is a lot to look forward to with the MY18 lineup! I think the performance of these cars will be freaking outstanding. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I keep thinking this line will deliver Camaro-like athleticism all the while maintaining the kinda Mustang flare that all of us have come to love.

Like you however, I'm curious to see how the tech and reliability pans out. Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Personally I have no use for the Bullitt emblem crapola and such nonsense. I loved the movie, but think the hoopla, plastic badging and saving one color for a movie tribute car that can be had in blue or black too is idiocy.:headbonk:
I have never understood why the Bullitt cars were offered in blue and black, kind of defeats the whole Bullitt badging crapola effort when the color is wrong. :crazy:

I just want a GTPP/10spd Auto in Dark Green, so I can relive my youth when I owned a 1967 Mustang Fastback GTA in Dark Moss Green Damn It, and I want it NOW!:frusty:

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree on the athleticism...I think engine and suspension changes alone will be noticeable, even on the non-Michelin tires. I know we still have the weight consideration, but if the Bullitt was based on the standard GT suspension and engine, we already will be getting tweaks that are desirable. Still hoping here...

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The trail has certainly gone cold :-) That said, I am still wanting one, although as I've had time to think about it more, I am going to be watching the price and feature content closely. If it gets too option-laden, I might be less enthused. Also, like others have discussed in other threads, there is that big question of the DI/FI system and it's initial quality and reliability on the V8. I liked the induction system and tuning tweaks being modest on the other versions. Also, too much super duper handling tech and super duper Michelin tires makes it too "tracky" for me. I've easily give that up for an exhaust sound reminds me of the movie car.
I have the same concerns as you. If I got one I'd definitely be keeping it stock to preserve the warranty in case the engine had issues. If the price goes sky high because of a bunch of features I don't want I'll probably walk too. Also hope they don't make it too aggressive. For example, in the past they put Shelby seats in the 08 Bullitt. If they make the only seat option on the 2018 the aggressive recaros from the Track Pack GT350s, I won't buy it. Things like that.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For example, in the past they put Shelby seats in the 08 Bullitt. If they make the only seat option on the 2018 the aggressive recaros from the Track Pack GT350s, I won't buy it. Things like that.
I think they got the seats right in the '01 Bullitt because the covers were reminiscent of the patterns from the '68 Mustang. No offense to Recaro seats because they are nice, but they connect me to a track car, while the car in the movie was "just a commuter". It's the tie to the movie that still makes it for me, along with the color and sound.

If it's too overdone with all the GT performance options, I definitely would be less enthused.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
IMO, Bullitt badging looks terrible. To be a true Bullitt tribute/edition it shouldn't say Bullitt anywhere on it and it should have less emblems & badges, not more.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
IMO, Bullitt badging looks terrible. To be a true Bullitt tribute/edition it shouldn't say Bullitt anywhere on it and it should have less emblems & badges, not more.
I think they got it right on the 08s. Only badge was the Bullitt faux gas cap. Otherwise no fender or grill badges. Based off the leaked photos it looks like they're planning to do the same for the 2018 if it ever gets made.
Sponsored