Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Excited to possibly see the BULLITT return.

Expedition no thanks, that looks absolutely awful

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Both were a little off from the real 60s Highland Green though. I'm hoping they make it closer to the real color this time.
Both were way off.................. (neither the 01 nor 08/09 anywhere near close to the original)
The difference is really clear when sitting next to a 68 in the original Highland Green. The 01 is called "Dark" Highland Green for a reason.

The 01 (and I assume the 08/09) was a paint color already in Ford's TRUCK inventory and in use - Thus the paint formula was already in Ford's system, touch up pens etc all preexisting, no need to add to inventory.

There was NO attempt in 01 nor 08/09 to match the original 68 HG shade of the color and yes with modern clear coats you can still get close to the original shade of Highland Green if you want to--Ford just used something already in Ford's system that was 'close' (and yeah when I first saw an 01 I (and others in the Mustang community who know Mustang history) screamed bloody murder as to how could they F**k this up and use the wrong color. I initially bought a Black Bullitt over the wrong color being used but later gave in sold it and bought a DHG verison.

Although I no longer own either, I've owned both the 01 and 08 -as an original owner. The 01 DHG Bullitt is the only car I've ever sold I wish I had back. If I ever come across a barn/garage find of a perfect original stock 01 Bullitt in DHG with low miles, I'm buying. Sold it to buy my 03 Mach 1--actually I want both back.

Yes the 08/09 is closer to the 'concept' and look of a 68 Bullitt then the 01 but I just love the handling feel in stock form of the 01--although down on HP compared to today's cars, that 2vl 4.6 engine had a low center of gravity and that front end just worked and made the car tossable in a good way (or at least my memory says so)

If they make a 18/19/? Bullitt I would expect the same Dark Highland Green. As much as I'd love the original Ford is not gonna put out a color that will call attention to the 01s and 08/09s being 'off'. Ford is NOT gonna go with a sales campaign based upon 'hey we screwed up on color in 01/08/09 but this time we got it right..."

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
That looked like it was written by a 10 year old. Yenko Camaro 17? Not sure why you would even think that was legit.
The article read pretty accurately IMO. Yenko Camaro is a go.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Well the new Expedition has leaked out ahead of it's embargoed noon release. Looks like that's what today's reveal is and most likely the vehicle introduction for Chicago. Hoping the Bullitt reveal isn't too far away! http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-what-the-new-2018-ford-expedition-looks-like-1792083299
owozehuwdyyqixmgljix.png
Ah finally they are replacing a 10 year old SUV. This could be a money generator like the F150 and indirectly help the Mustang, and Ford in general.

Ford should release a Raptor version of it soon.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Both were way off.................. (neither the 01 nor 08/09 anywhere near close to the original)
The difference is really clear when sitting next to a 68 in the original Highland Green. The 01 is called "Dark" Highland Green for a reason.

The 01 (and I assume the 08/09) was a paint color already in Ford's TRUCK inventory and in use - Thus the paint formula was already in Ford's system, touch up pens etc all preexisting, no need to add to inventory.

There was NO attempt in 01 nor 08/09 to match the original 68 HG shade of the color and yes with modern clear coats you can still get close to the original shade of Highland Green if you want to--Ford just used something already in Ford's system that was 'close' (and yeah when I first saw an 01 I (and others in the Mustang community who know Mustang history) screamed bloody murder as to how could they F**k this up and use the wrong color. I initially bought a Black Bullitt over the wrong color being used but later gave in sold it and bought a DHG verison.

Although I no longer own either, I've owned both the 01 and 08 -as an original owner. The 01 DHG Bullitt is the only car I've ever sold I wish I had back. If I ever come across a barn/garage find of a perfect original stock 01 Bullitt in DHG with low miles, I'm buying. Sold it to buy my 03 Mach 1--actually I want both back.

Yes the 08/09 is closer to the 'concept' and look of a 68 Bullitt then the 01 but I just love the handling feel in stock form of the 01--although down on HP compared to today's cars, that 2vl 4.6 engine had a low center of gravity and that front end just worked and made the car tossable in a good way (or at least my memory says so)

If they make a 18/19/? Bullitt I would expect the same Dark Highland Green. As much as I'd love the original Ford is not gonna put out a color that will call attention to the 01s and 08/09s being 'off'. Ford is NOT gonna go with a sales campaign based upon 'hey we screwed up on color in 01/08/09 but this time we got it right..."
Interesting. Well I just looked through Ford's whole lineup of paint offerings and none offer any type of green for 2017. I wonder if the 2018 F-150 colors have been announced. Maybe there's something there. Otherwise the only lazy option Ford could take is to bring back Guard. If that happens I may just keep mine. I don't think too many people will complain if they got the color spot on this time. It is the 50th anniversary after all, hopefully they go the extra mile for this one. They did bring back Wimbledon White for the 50th LEs after all...so I have hope that bringing back a proper Highland Green is possible.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The interior trim options for 2018 has the Engine Spun style which gives more confirmation to a Bullitt?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
This is engine spun...
attachment.jpg

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Well the new Expedition has leaked out ahead of it's embargoed noon release. http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/heres-what-the-new-2018-ford-expedition-looks-like-1792083299
owozehuwdyyqixmgljix.png
http://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2018/

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-expedition-photos-and-info-news said:
"With its aluminum body panels attached to a redesigned steel frame, the new vehicle is said to be up to 300 pounds lighter than the outgoing model"
Approx. 300 lbs lighter due to aluminum use!!

They didn't say anything about it, but is it possible the 2018 Mustang has some extra aluminum parts saving 100 lbs+- ? Maybe they're keeping that a secret along with the actual HP rating to surprise everyone?

That would be enough to get people to upgrade, -100 lbs, 455+ hp, 10-speed auto, magnaride shocks. The performance for that would be GT350 territory with a tune & the right wheels/tires.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
http://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2018/

Approx. 300 lbs lighter due to aluminum use!!

They didn't say anything about it, but is it possible the 2018 Mustang has some extra aluminum parts saving 100 lbs+- ? Maybe they're keeping that a secret along with the actual HP rating to surprise everyone?

That would be enough to get people to upgrade, -100 lbs, 455+ hp, 10-speed auto, magnaride shocks. The performance for that would be GT350 territory with a tune & the right wheels/tires.
I really doubt it will be lighter, as the items you mention are heavier than the 6 speed trans and standard shocks, but the next model with a full redesign, maybe we see an aluminum main structure which would drop some weight for sure. It will be interesting to see how much the forged wheels weigh though.

Or maybe they go the easy way like GM with the Camaro, and just shrink it. I hope not, it fits me like a glove right now.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Interesting. Well I just looked through Ford's whole lineup of paint offerings and none offer any type of green for 2017. I wonder if the 2018 F-150 colors have been announced. Maybe there's something there. Otherwise the only lazy option Ford could take is to bring back Guard. If that happens I may just keep mine. I don't think too many people will complain if they got the color spot on this time. It is the 50th anniversary after all, hopefully they go the extra mile for this one. They did bring back Wimbledon White for the 50th LEs after all...so I have hope that bringing back a proper Highland Green is possible.
They definitely will not use Guard and call it DHG. That'd be really obvious.

It looks like 2001 was actually the first time that the PX paint code (for HG) appeared on modern Fords, so I wonder if it may have been developed for the Bullitt, but then offered on other Fords.

I also see the code called Dark Green Satin Metallic on F-150s, Aspen Green on Explorers and some others actually are called Highland Green Metallic. That's interesting. Regardless, Bullitts are the only Mustangs that will use the color in modern times.

This is a pretty common practice for Ford. Gotta Have it Green on Mustangs, for instance is the exact same color as Green Envy on Fiestas. Same code. Different names.
Sponsored