Sponsored

Bullitt mods

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
OK so I like wheels . . . I love the Bullitt. It is a beautiful car to outfit. So I was looking for something that was more classic and had the Bullitt factory feel. The black centers with machined lip. I found these CS56 at a very deep discount for the a set of rears and they are designed for the Mustang so I snatched them up thinking finding fronts would be no problem . . . Well after an exhaustive search I finally found two fronts at two different locations and now could put the set on.

Shelby CS56 wheels
20 x 9
20 x 11
Nitto 555 G2s

I have never been a black wheel guy for a lot of reasons. At first I was like "meh" . . . but over the past week or so they have really started to grow on me. Seeing them in different lights and how the car changes I am starting to really like them.

IMG_2426.jpg

RPZV2134.JPG

YGWQ2228.JPG

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
OK so I like wheels . . . I love the Bullitt. It is a beautiful car to outfit. So I was looking for something that was more classic and had the Bullitt factory feel. The black centers with machined lip. I found these CS56 at a very deep discount for the a set of rears and they are designed for the Mustang so I snatched them up thinking finding fronts would be no problem . . . Well after an exhaustive search I finally found two fronts at two different locations and now could put the set on.

Shelby CS56 wheels
20 x 9
20 x 11
Nitto 555 G2s

I have never been a black wheel guy for a lot of reasons. At first I was like "meh" . . . but over the past week or so they have really started to grow on me. Seeing them in different lights and how the car changes I am starting to really like them.

IMG_2426.jpg

RPZV2134.JPG

YGWQ2228.JPG
Awesome tires!! I have then as well!!

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Pulled the trigger on the Switchfire.
I was told by someone who had the part installed on the GT that the pipe routing causes the exhaust streams to mix together so much that there is not much left of the V8 muscle sound, exactly the opposite of what you want on the Bullitt.

I think you should go for a H-pipe.

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Shelby CS56 wheels
20 x 9
20 x 11
Nitto 555 G2s

IMG_2426.jpg

RPZV2134.JPG

YGWQ2228.JPG
The point is that they look great on the car and so long as you like them that is all that matters.

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I was told by someone who had the part installed on the GT that the pipe routing causes the exhaust streams to mix together so much that there is not much left of the V8 muscle sound, exactly the opposite of what you want on the Bullitt.

Eh seems most ppl say it's just more Bullitt but with a fuller tone that gets wild in the high rpm range. Listen to the clip on the previous page. Also wouldn't be the first time I bought parts I didn't end up liking or using 😂

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Listen to the clip on the previous page.
There is the microphone (of the camera) directly above one side.
That is not a normal listening position where both tailpipes interact. 🤔

I'm curious about your conclusion after the modification.
I am still undecided what I do with my EU Bullitt, which is already quieter than USDM because of the GPF.

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
There is the microphone (of the camera) directly above one side.
That is not a normal listening position where both tailpipes interact. 🤔

I'm curious about your conclusion after the modification.
I am still undecided what I do with my EU Bullitt, which is already quieter than USDM because of the GPF.
So you're saying it's going to sound twice as good in real life??? 😂 I'll let you know man.

Sponsored

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt

I don't know what overall exhaust set up that someone had on their GT had but I can tell you from experience that his description couldn't be further from the truth on the Bullitt. I guarantee BBH will not regret his decision to go with the Switchfire.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I'll wait for the results from @BigBucksHunter .
Unfortunately, this pipe is significantly more expensive over here, otherwise I would try it right away.

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I don't know what overall exhaust set up that someone had on their GT had but I can tell you from experience that his description couldn't be further from the truth on the Bullitt. I guarantee BBH will not regret his decision to go with the Switchfire.
Oh look just another fake Borla account spamming the forums tsk tsk 😎

(Hit post too soon) jokes obviously. I read a review that convinced me to look into the switchfire seriously as before I swore I was never touching the exhaust. It was something like "normal mode sounds like track mode and track mode sounds insane" and I cackled

Last edited:

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Right so installed the Switchfire in my garage which went super smoothly if you ignore everything that didn't.

Anyway it's as advertised. Simply put it's Bullitt down low with a GT350 climax. Need to drive it a bit more since I try not to be a butthole around town so I just hit some unramps and did a few highway pulls.

Question: how do I check for exhaust leaks, besides the obvious it sounds like you have a cut off exhaust. I mean sitting in traffic w the windows up with my wife I don't want to be wondering if fumes are leaking out under our butts.
Sponsored